Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Primary stat far far to powerful

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by In the name of Zod, Sep 11, 2015.

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

I've been trying to work out the number 1 problem with the current structure of d3, its been bugging me no end just trying to nail that one thing. Just like with health issues with people there can be complications but the lead cause is always just one thing. I finally nailed it today, yeah it took this long. Its primary stat for sure.

For a long time I've been blaming paragon points since all you need is a tonne of them and all your problems go away but hidden among the paragon levels is our primary stat. Allowing players to gain both offense and defense from one source is the problem. It makes the whole idea of diversity a joke in this game. To make matter worse is the way that damage is calculated so that resistances are really the same as damage reduction. Its just another grouping of damage mitigation.

So my point is, for as long as primary stat is so much more valuable than anything else in the game that's all you need. Well that and the most recently buffed 6 piece set.

2. Wacken

Wacken IncGamers Member

Why do you believe it all needs to come down to 1 single issue ?

3. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Sorry for the delayed reply. The answer is that there will is always a bottleneck in every game design that stops it from reaching a greater potential. You take away one bottleneck and another one is created somewhere else. They act as strangleholds on a game, you can improve everything else but as long as that one issue isn't fixed the game will suffer tremendously.

D3 has one major difference from its predecessors and that is the value of health. However, that doesn't mean that vitality points need to be changed, its that putting points into vit aren't as rewarding as putting points into primary stat. The entire benefit of having more levels equates only to damage output. People put points into vitality only as a convenience. You need to consider its importance to a game like D3, how important is damage in the game today? Does it need to be made more important? Why do they seem to act as if making stat diversity builds is to risky?

The entire game is choked into primary stat.