Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

priests and rose branded weapons

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by disc, Mar 17, 2004.

1. disc

disc IncGamers Member

priests and rose branded weapons

hi, baught these pala weapons of ormus whilst looking for lld bh war sceptres but i dont know if they are useful. I am aware priest and rose branded were saught after in 109 but i dont know if that still applies. i would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on their usage.

priests divine scepter of quickness - 2 pala 40 ias (1 conviction)
    rose branded war scepter of quickness 3 combat 30 ias (1 conviction, 2 foh, 1 holy shock)

thanks
    (europe realm)

2. PoopyPants

PoopyPants Banned

Those are useful for v/t weapons. Especially is you find one with +holy shield, +fanat.

3. joa_ix

joa_ix IncGamers Member

y its usefull but its like 4 better v/t wepons out there (silence,redeemer,asterons,doom runeword :clap:

4. disc

disc IncGamers Member

if they got two sockets from socket quest thats a possible 80ias on the priests or is that no a factor?

5. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

the nice thing about those weapons that these guys might have failed to mention is that with a base -10 weapon and level 20 fanat (or more), then you need only 40 ias to hit max smite frames....those already have it. As they both have nice plus skills on them, you free up some major gear choices and you can socket them with some nice resist jewels. Btw, that rosebranded scepter is a *killer* vindi/temp magical weapon. it gives a huge boost to foh and a little to conviction, in most peoples case, saving some skill points. I would have to say that they are both most excellent v/t weapons. If you are on east, I might be interested in looking at them. Pm me about it if you are.

--welt

6. PoopyPants

PoopyPants Banned

The only one of those even worth using for a v/t is silence. Also, those aren't better than a rosebranded warscepter of quickness. WTF is a redeemer doing there? For the +7x dmg? That is a sad v/t choice.

This is why:

rosebranded (+3 combat skills) gives more smite dmg than any +2 weapon like doom, etc.

Of quickness means you don't need ANY IAS items. That means you can socket the scepter with berber or umum or other cool stuff. SO that means you can 40% cb, +3 combat skills and 40% IAS on a magic scepter, with like no str req.

That owns the hell out of doom and astersons and silence for straight smite vs smite. For pvm and all round pvp silence is a better choice due to the resists etc. Asterons and doom are stupid cause a warscepter is better and they are bm anyway.

7. disc

disc IncGamers Member

thanks for the input guys think my next build will be a v/t...