pride vs leech/high dmg weapon for a2 might

DEA

Diabloii.Net Member
pride vs leech/high dmg weapon for a2 might

im thinking of making a pride for my merc, but the stats on pride SUCK donkey balls except for the concentration
im a glass zon with 3k max dmg for FA with both auras active
conc will obviously up my dmg, but if the merc keeps on dying, it'll just be a pain in the ***
has anyone tried this?

DEA

Diabloii.Net Member
yea, sorry about that
so now that we've cleared that little brain fart up, any practical experience wrt using PRIDE vs a normal weapon on a a2 might merc?

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
if you use fa as main attack then use infinity instead
otherwise pride, you need the conc

i don't think pride is too bad as my merc can keep up fairly well, just make sure it's in a fast pole (thresher)

Virility

Diabloii.Net Member
I used reaper's toll prior to rune word pride. I miss the way decrepify would remove the PI(bowazon-strafer). Equip the merc with >6% LL. Crown of Thieves with 12%LL works much better than Vamp Gaze as only source of LL. Merc wears eth glad bane wire fleece near perfect, great armor with > 2k def. It takes a very big pack of black souls in world stone to bring Emilio down. He cruises thru hell cows much easier with 12LL vs 8. The freeze/blind target works perfect while I kill the mobs. No looking back once you have played with a level 20 conc aura.

DEA

Diabloii.Net Member
right now my merc is using amnamn bonehew
i have no problems with any kind of pis except for fana unique urdars ^ ^
so, crown of thieves, shaftstop sound good? with pride

actually i was thinking, the ed from conc, is that equivalent to ed on the weapon?
would make me feel a lot better

KavikKang

Diabloii.Net Member
You think a pride merc would be good for a nec summoner w/ act 2 might merc?
I personally think that is the best combination possible for a Summon Nec, and Summon Necs are my "primary" character that I use. I am in the minority, though, more experienced Summon Necs believe that Infinity is a better choice (it is certainly a more powerful melee weapon for your merc).

To answer the question posed in the title of the thread... Pride is a terrible melee weapon for your merc. On the other hand, in my opinion it is the best weapon your merc can carry to support your melee "minions" (merc, summons, valk, etc). So the question to ask yourself is are you trying to make your merc as powerful as possible, or are you trying to make everything except the merc as powerful as possible.

AmaZondra

Diabloii.Net Member
I used reaper's toll prior to rune word pride. I miss the way decrepify would remove the PI(bowazon-strafer). Equip the merc with >6% LL. Crown of Thieves with 12%LL works much better than Vamp Gaze as only source of LL. Merc wears eth glad bane wire fleece near perfect, great armor with > 2k def. It takes a very big pack of black souls in world stone to bring Emilio down. He cruises thru hell cows much easier with 12LL vs 8. The freeze/blind target works perfect while I kill the mobs. No looking back once you have played with a level 20 conc aura.

Crown of thieves ist 12ll its 10...andy's is 12.

also i made my pride out of a great poleaxe couldnt find a thresher at the time & while his damage isnt high..he survives 3 hits with IM cast on him in Chaos..:wave:

DEA

Diabloii.Net Member
this thread is quite old :)

anyway, im using a lvl 19 gpa pride and full dr gear on him
he probably takes about 2 hits to kill himself when imed
my ga dmg max is 6.7, multi about 4.5?

PhuQ

Diabloii.Net Member
i do not see any reason why should your merc use pride... as long as you´re not playing sp, there is always at least one hammerdin with conc i game

therefore pride < all

Dirty Scorpion

Diabloii.Net Member
i do not see any reason why should your merc use pride... as long as you´re not playing sp, there is always at least one hammerdin with conc i game

therefore pride < all
its like saying why to make a unique but fun char if u can make a cookie cutter

I prefer pride on merc,mine wears also treachery and andy's helm :smiley:

PhuQ

Diabloii.Net Member
so, you like to mf or do pit runs partied with paladins?
good for you then :)
how could I know you are doing these? I admit I didn´t read whole thread tho
btw I make bowzons for cs, meni meni times there is at least one hammor

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Crown of thieves ist 12ll its 10...andy's is 12.

also i made my pride out of a great poleaxe couldnt find a thresher at the time & while his damage isnt high..he survives 3 hits with IM cast on him in Chaos..:wave:
No, it's 9! Wait, 11! Wait, 12!

Oh right - Arreat Summit says it's a range from 9-12.

mpbu mpsu said:
pride + forti. u need pride... my smiter gets 30k smite with his eq + the conc. brilliant
Uhh.. 30k smite? Lies. Show me the numbers.