Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pride RW - create it or not?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by RIP, Feb 6, 2015.

1. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

As title says, i have spared CHAM + SUR + LO and am thinking about creating this RW, already have most usefull RWs like Enigma/Infinity/Grief (multiple Griefs actually :) ), Fortitude/CtA/HoTO etc., and do not like to see such runes be wasted, or gathering ash in my stash....

So, my question is simple - is there any build, where is this RW best option?And i really mean the best option, because i do not see any reason for creating this RW, if there are other possibilities, which are cheaper or i already have them...

Problem probably is, that at most cases are Infinity, Reapers toll or even Insight better options...On the other side, i do like play any builds, even novelty ones, and i might probably missed something interesting, so thats the reason for my question...

And if not RWs are best uses for CHAM rune, then what?Harley, Andariels, anything else?

Thanks for the answers, i will be very pleased to see them ;)

Ahh, and btw., i DON NOT trade ...

2. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Cham Shako is godly helm for most efficient magicfind character - the berserker barb. That is probably best possible use of Cham in the game if you are into trying that build. It will be good for any character that you will MF with, and that can profit from CBF mod.
    After that, Cham in various helms like Andy or Guillaumes, whatever you might use more frequently on your merc, so he can have CBF without using Kira's Guardian all the time, or some random armor. I didn't use Cham in such way cause I don't really use anything but Kira's on merc when I need CBF.

Cham in runewords... rather novelty usage than effective one. But, Pride even though is rarely really useful compared to other sticks, it is still ok option for some builds, especially skelliemancer and such who can profit from it more than from Reaper's Tool. But such builds are rare. I never made Pride nor will I ever do it cause even if I magically had one, I wouldn't use it a single time till now (it's always Infinity, or Insight, or Reaper's pretty much). But I don't really play builds that can profit from that runeword, you might. Biggest problem for Pride is to beat simple Reaper's Tool, that can be done if you have natural curses on your char like with necromancer, but on other characters it could be problematic. Maybe some walking char who won't have Reaper's merc handy all the time where he needs it? I'm also interested to hear the answers since I don't really think high of that runeword. I know people tried to break records with damage output per hit with chargers and such. Maybe charger is the one that could use Pride merc, don't know.

Cham can be used to cube Zod to make BotD or ATMA bugged stuff if you like those. BotD is bad, but whatever works for ya! Also if you really like to waste runes which you told you don't, then you can cube Chams to Zod for Zod-God (lol)

Sur... either save it for some runeword like Beast or even CoH, or save it as a Ber socket in equipment for more DR% - another option to use. But I don't really think socketed Ber is that useful in PvM.

Lo... used mainly to reroll Griefs to get higher damage roll. Or to make Phoenix runeword, but that is similar to Pride in my book, mostly much worse option than simple Spirit. But people like it, so I'll mention it :p

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I made one, for use with a max dmg bowzon. Works really well (strafe to trigger amp from atma's, then multi to take out large groups, then strafe again to get stragglers) but I found that I don't really like playing bowzons. Haven't tested on necro, but I suspect that Infinity is far superior.

.. And it's The Reaper's TOLL, not tool ;)

4. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

I would put Cham in Andy's helm and Lo in high def e-bugged Fort armor for uber merc setup. Useful for all chars, best all around merc setup in game.

5. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

I would rather use my eth Obedience Thresher on my skelliemancer's merc. Pride isn't worth the amount of runes it takes to make. I would keep the Cham to cube to Zod and make eBOTD 2handed weapon of choice. Those are stylish as hell, and are indeed useful.

Ps: I have only seen moronic Ladder players use Pride, because they love to masturbate to char screen dmg. Reaper still beats it all the time.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    NoisemakerArrow likes this.
  6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Not for strafers, as it'd overwrite amp. However, if low on runes, I wouldn't burn them on Pride regardless.

7. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

Thanks alot for Your responses...

I thought already about socketing Harley with CHAM and it does seem probably as really good option, if You are after Grail, and i certainly am...I still did not finished my Berserker yet, but it will be the best choice for getting CBF mod without danger of shattering corpses...

As for ZOD, i think BoTD might be overrated, especially compared with Grief, so only some 2handed badass here, hmm, maby Perfect Eth Tomby :)...And right now, i don't have it ;)

LO+SUR, hmm, i already have Griefs and at least one Fortitude, also Beast, and i do not see many reasons to make CoH, but i might be wrong...

I do like Bowazons, and still never made one with full dmg setup, aka Windy/Forti etc, this might be goood excuse to make Pride...Also one question...Isn't WWS on switch better for triggering AD?

As for skeliemancer, i do believe (although i do not play them too much), that Infinity is here the best option, its all about CE, right?

Still undecided, but thanks again for all Your responses ;)

8. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

There is another choice for Berserker to get CBF. He will also have higher damage output than standard Berserker, but will have a bit less MF. This variant is cheap, yet nearly as effective. This is my old Berserker that has only like 40 MF less than my current one, so this Girth option is really strong overall.

CoH is pretty much only merc armor if you are going for most effective running setups. Can be used on sorcs and other characters, but since Enigma is in competition... unless you are into fun builds, CoH is pretty much only merc armor. Darn good merc armor that is, but not really needed.

9. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

I do use a WWS strafer with Reapers merc for the Pits. The combined casting rate triggers - res much more than WWS alone. Who cares if Decrepify overrides amp when both decrease the res by a huge amount? Monsters go down fast with both of those. I use Cats eye though, running times are better than Highlords/Atmas.

10. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

^I would suspect that it would be better to just use a better bow if amp is constantly overridden (which it should be)... like windforce?

11. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

I will use a Windforce if I find one... ;)

12. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

@Gripphon :Funny aspect of 1.13 for me is, that despite the fact, that i have most runes and usefull RWs, i'm still missing some pieces of equipement, which i had in 1.11 (my stashes for 1.11 and 1.13 are completely separated), and one of them is Trang belt (already missing only 4 set items) :)....Had one, but lost it with my Council whirler - HC can be cruel sometimes...So, this is not option for me, at least not before i get another one :)

Edit: @bodry: Funny - Hell Baal was kind enough to give me Windy, on the very first run in 1.13 :) Lucky man RIP is ;)

bodry likes this.
  13. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

You lucky son of a gun :D

14. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Trust me, for river of flame/CS runs on high players, you'll want amp, not decrepify, and you'll make very good use of that conc aura too. This, however, means windforce is king due to the super high max damage. On players1, sure, go with cat's eye. On players8, GL getting better run times than with atma's.

However, back to the topic: I do not see many build where pride merc would be optimal. Full damage setup WF strafer, of course. Throw barb with lacerator for amp, maybe. Unless there is amp, you will either want
    - Reapers for decrep
    - Infinity for conviction
    - Insight for meditation usually fills up the rest

15. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

We are talking about different goals and setups. I don't run CS with a zon. I have a hammerdin for that. Much faster. ;)On the other hand I have more than 300 mf on my zon. Try to reach that with p8 gear. :p

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  16. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

I say if you have the runes for Pride, why not make it and then make a build around it, or just try it out.

dragon tail sin? anything that could use the attack rating? concentration aura makes things less interruptable, right? Fury wolf?

17. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

A Dragon Tail Assassin would benefit from Conviction much more. If you need AR, use Demon Limb. Fury Druids cannot do better than Reaper's on merc.

On my summoning Necro I use Infinity on the merc and an Insight golem. The melee skeletons do enough damage already, so I prefer to boost the mage and CE damage.

Pride, just like BOTD, looks like it would make a great merc weapon, but then you realize that other options are much better: Obedience, Hone Sundan, Insight, Infinity, Reaper's. I'm not done with my Charger yet, but I'm using Harmony on his merc.

18. Zylo

Zylo IncGamers Member

Hrmm, I don't think anyone touched on the fact that is has no +Enhanced Damage on it. I made a 'Pride' several months ago, and do I still use it? No. I found it so difficult to keep the merc alive, on any players setting, let alone players 8.

I didn't really notice much difference with it on my strafer, but that's not my favorite class, and didn't really play her a whole lot with it. Summoning necro, again not much difference, not really worth it IMO.

Maybe more useful then Pride I suppose, so I'll give you that. Stylish? eBOTD? Maybe if you make it in an Archon staff, it can be different... but eBOTD is never stylish.

Yup, probably the main reason to own Pride. Gogo LCS!

19. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

Thanks to all for Your thought and informations, they are most welcomed ;)...Especially Zylo's post has great value, because he already made this RW...So, it seems, that in terms of overall usefulness, socketing CHAM into Harley might be the best choice, and although i'm still not 100% convinced, i might to do it when my berserker will be prepared to start endless Pitruns...