Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

price drops etc

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by LexmarkX73, Apr 6, 2004.

1. LexmarkX73

LexmarkX73 IncGamers Member

price drops etc

has anyone noticed the price of everything has dropped to near nothing? when 1.10 was released, the new enigmas were going for 15 290s and even full tals set was worth over 4 290s. Last week the best i could get for my tal set was 2 290s, and stuff like ss and zak shield are near worthless. Is this simple supply/demand? everyone who wants enigma has one so it has no value?

the point this is in bug reports and suggestions threads is, is there a working dupe in 1.10? ive heard people saying runes can be duped and when they're put into runewards they are permed and dont disapeer. Has anyone heard about this or was i right about the supply demand theory and wasted, precious, precious space in this section.

any comments would be appreceated

P.S cheating is the work of the devil!

2. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

There will always be dupe methods out. Only when they become public is when they get patched, but as long as the current dupe methods are kept on the DL and not overly used by a vast majority of players, they will remain unpatched. Most dupers are smart about that type of thing and are careful not to overly convolute the market and ruin the economy for themselves.

3. raiderjb

raiderjb IncGamers Member

Hey Lexmark

Yes you are right about market prices dropping in general. Items like SS Zaka WF seam to be in less demand.

Just a friendly bit of avice. You refer to 290s and what you could get for your tals set in 290s.

On these forums NOBODY likes tradin with someone who trades in items from the DO NOT TRADE list.

If I were you just steer clear of banned items.

Good luck

4. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

whats the prob with 290's on ladder?
    But what i cant understand, is why all sc players want 290's. Its worthless?

5. RunningUppercut

RunningUppercut Banned

290's are the basic economy unit of NL. Most of the desired items have a value in 290's, so it makes them very easy to trade.

And RaiderJB, you're ********ting yourself if you think that people here don't trade 290's. I get PM's all the time from my trade lists of people offering 290's. And yes, that includes "respected" members with enormous trade counts. If I want to get a Ber rune, I don't show what items I have, because they don't want them. I bring 290's or other runes. Plain and simple.

Have you ever considered why Blizz doesn't get rid of 290's?

Have you ever considered why they are allowed to be traded at the official Diablo 2 Trading forum if they are an illegitimate dupe?

KTHX

6. bondfunk

bondfunk IncGamers Member

iirc on europe 290's are duped so heavily you can trade vexs for like 15 of them :/

on west and such, 1-2 (i don't play nl) :/

7. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

Yes was same with sojs in 109 after the last big dupe spree. At europe shako was couple 100 sojs, when at us realms soj stil had some value

8. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

it seems we are entering an economy where soon the only things worth ANYTHING will be ohm zod ber jah vex um ist runes and the stuff to stick them in. the worst part is ladder runes can be duped almost without fear of them poofing since they can be cubed up to the next rune (unless of course there was a mass duping of El runes). I dont think that socketed items come with ID codes (this might've been changed)...eventually the only things worth practically anything will be runes eth zerkers and eth pally shields. sad but i see it coming, its almost like this now...

dark times ahead my friends

9. LexmarkX73

LexmarkX73 IncGamers Member

290s are the 2nd dumbest thing to happen to the trading community (other then sojs) Honestly, It is imposible to trade item for item these days. The only way to get the best stuff is to trade "290s". ill keep from mentioning 290s in the trade section, but in-game its imposible to go without them.

10. Lordjim

Lordjim IncGamers Member

I have a legitimate 290 off ladder East from cows in 1.09, GO ME!!! :clap:

But no one cares because that are so over duped :rant:

But I only have one and it is my PRECIOUS!!! :lol:

NO, I wont trade it stop asking!!!

:howdy:

11. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

Not only dupes but there is a hell of alot of botters now

12. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

All items eventually drop in value, especially softcore. That's because they don't go anywhere. Given enough time, everyone will eventually find the runes for one. In terms of a country's currency, the reason inflation isn't larger than it is, is due to the fact that money gets destroyed and taken out of the system. So, unless you're playing hardcore, prices will always be going down.

13. BuddySativa

BuddySativa IncGamers Member

Botters being both the programs used and the people using them :)