Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Prevent Monster Heal question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by labyrinth, Feb 25, 2004.

1. labyrinth

labyrinth IncGamers Member

Prevent Monster Heal question

SuperRogue asked this in another thread, but it was only half answered.

How EXACTLY does Prevent Monster Heal work? Exactly what kinds of attacks work with it (melee, ranged, spell)? Exactly how long (in frames preferably) does it apply? Is it a flat bonus, or can more items with PMH stack to increase duration? Are any monsters immune to PMH? Has anything about PMH changed in 1.10?

And most importantly, will you e-mail Blizzard and request a Prevent Player Heal mod in the next patch just for kicks?

2. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

and to add to his question..is it bugged....My merc was using bonehew to hack away at a blood lord (cold immune) and hit him several times (its life went down lol) Heres the goofy. THE STUPID BLOOD LORDS LIFE WAS STILL REGENING!!!! This was in the midst of me using telekinesis to stun lock it...the increases in life were in 2 stages... THERE IS a gradual increase..and the quick leaps from an attack hitting or a missle hitting etc...THe gradualincrease is whats buggin me... BONEHEW HAS PREVENT MONSTER HEAL... WTF!! :)

3. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

PMH turns a monsters inherent regen stat to zero, dont know anymore about the specifics.
    It only works with attacks that strike the monster (and only on the physical dmg iirc).
    Its unknown to me the limit of time it works, but it seems to stay on the monster for quite some time.
    From what else ive read, it is overridden if another item strikes the monster without PMH (thus he will start regening again).
    Yes it is a "flat bonus" and seems a moot point to wear more than one PMH item, and i personally have no idea of a duration(or possible stacking of durations).
    No known monster is immune to PMH (altho i think its hard to get a physical immune to stop regening)
    the difference in PMH between 1.09 and 1.10 isnt known (to me), but i assume it has stayed the same

and im pretty sure its been proven, PMH does NOT work on mercenaries.

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Prevent Monster Heal sets the regeneration rate of monsters to zero as long as you stay within spawning range. If you go further, the regen rate will be reset and it starts regenerating again.

It doesn't work with spells and it doesn't work on mercs.

Explained above.

Not needed, as the duration seems unlimited, as long as you stay near.

None that I know of, but PMH only affects the regen rate, and not life gaining spells like those of the Council.

IIRC it has not changed at all, it just became more important because of the increased amount of life monsters have, thus regenerating more life per frame.

5. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Bloodlords are the vampires right? If they are remember they steal life if they hit you in melee, that would probably explain why they appear to be regenerating.

6. labyrinth

labyrinth IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot RTB that answers everything perfectly.

7. Dewey115

Dewey115 IncGamers Member

A quick question though, if it only stays in effect when you are in close range to the monster, how can you PMH DClone and go to town to heal/repair. etc... and he will still be damaged when you come back (as long as you hit him fairly soon before you tp to town)? I would think that implies it is a timered thing, not "when you are in view" type thing. I haven't done any testing or searching, but I have many times hit DClone with PMH and gone to town (while in a solo game) and come back to see PMH still in effect. Does going to town not count then?

Dewey