Prevent being hacked

TheBigClown

Diabloii.Net Member
Prevent being hacked

Hi, I just got hacked. Why? Because I used the same password for my acc as I use here on the forums. I had heard that it could be risky to use same passwords both places but I just didn't gave it a thought - stuff like that won't happend to me... But it did. I would lilke to advice all of you who use same password both places to change it now.

Luckily I wasn't very involved in the game anymore. But I'll be back for new ladder reset or diablo 3 :smiley:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
If you use the same password for two different things, you just have to hack one of them to access both. That's the problem about it, not that one of the two systems might be weaker than the other and thus more likely to get hacked. You are using a different password for internet banking, right ?

Apart from that, it still needs a spy/keylogger/trojan somewhere along the internet route to bnet or to the forum server who can read what you type or what's sent through the internet.

TheBigClown

Diabloii.Net Member
You are using a different password for internet banking, right ?
QUOTE]

Yes. Only diablo stuff (that being forums and acc) had the same password.

Edit: Hmm, that's a wierd quote :shocked:

Edit 2: Yeah it's kinda scary. I really don't mind that I have lost my good items cuz I was not very involved in the game. But I mind the fact that some hacker did his thing and left me with this wierd feeling of uncertainity. As you point out. I wonder how I got that on my machine cuz I feel that I'm having a good security level (firewall + virus-scan etc.).