Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pretty Girl Syndrome

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gorny, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Pretty Girl Syndrome

Another view on relationships, or the lack of them:

Say a girl is so cute/attractive/hot/etc. that everyone assumes she has a boyfriend and no one, or few people will ask her out.

Has anyone ever had this happen to you, or have you known a girl that this happens to?

This happens to one of my friends alot.

2. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

Well, I don't know anyone like that, but I see where you're/she's coming from.

In this age of blurring gender lines and all that, she might have to make the first move.

Not a bad problem to have in my opinion. "Aw, poor Amy, she's so hot no one will ask her out." But I can see how it gets a little strange.

3. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

Don't forget that most immature hawt girls/women have the attitude that they're better than everyone else. How many times have you seen or heard about some guy asking out a gorgeous girl/woman only to be scoffed at and told something along the lines of "Like I'd ever go out with you."

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The perfect reply for that is "Your Loss."

Then walk away.

5. Stoutwood

Stoutwood IncGamers Member

At this point in my life I've been discovering that any decent girls, i.e. attractive or exceptionally cool, are either married or well on their way to getting married. Any girl with these qualities will be picked up rather quickly. I suggest that your attractive friends have something else holding them back.

6. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

I'm was never shallow enough to only try to date girls that I thought were cute...And I had no problem talking to the girls I did think were cute either. It's only a matter of time before you find out thier relationship status...so why worry about it...

7. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Just curious, but why is that "shallow"?

8. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

To try to date them only based on thier looks. That is shallow. They could turn out to be a stupid ditz, or complete b****. I guess I'm more a fan of getting to know someone before I try to pursue a dating relationship.

9. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

My problem is that I am intimidating. I am tall, muscular, smart..and alot of guys don't cotton to that. I am reasonably good looking (you don't have to put a bag over my face).

I think being a single mom of 2 has something to do with it as well :sad2: .

10. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Then I suppose a lot of guys don't have any taste. It's probably the combination of smart + kids, in all honesty - I know a lot of guys who would never want to associate with a woman who's smarter than them. Which, in the case of a few of them, is ... most...

As for kids, I know nothing about that, aside from the fact that the woman I'm currently interested in has a very young daughter. All the people I've mentioned this to have been surprised that I'd still be interested... but in all honesty, I don't see what the big problem is.

Then again, I could just be more mature than most males my age. Or more insane. Maybe a bit of both. :badteeth:

11. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

All right Zodiac. Fess up. How tall are you? I've always wondered this.

12. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

You're right... probably shouldn't, but it does, especially if said guy doesn't know why you're a single mother of two (and until he gets to know you, he wouldn't).

13. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

5' 11.5"

I recently put on around 5 lbs muscle due to my workouts.

14. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

I think this is why you see a lot of really attractive women with rather average-looking guys.

Some of my goofiest friends have dated beautiful girls, and I think it's often because they do not get approached as often.

15. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

5'11.5? that's not bad, actually... Taller than usual, maybe, but not excessive, so far as I'm concerned. Unless you have a habit of wearing 3 inch heels, but even then, there are benefits.

16. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Zodi, you're faces page pic does not do you service. . .I always thought you were like 5'5'' at the most.

I don't see why guys are always so afraid to ask a girl out, if you are at a club/party and don't really know her then you have no feelings for her really. The worst that could happen is she says no/I have a boyfriend/girlfriend. Just roll with it.

If you waited until you really feel in love with the girl then you have probably already screwed up by waiting so long. As soon as you're interested you should go for it.

17. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

Drop dead gorgeous, I am not, but I feel I'm not dreadful to look at either. I was never asked out or hit on through high school or even after for that matter. If anyone was ever interested it was always someone who was a minimum of between 5 to 10 yrs older than I was.

18. skihard

skihard Banned

She asked me out, well our first date was arranged anyhow, and I am ever thankful for it.

19. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Well, on the one hand, they have more experience?

Then again, on the other hand... they have more experience. =/

I actually wonder sometimes... When I was in high school I had a crush on this one girl, but I always considered myself too "low class" to ask her out. In a lot of ways, HC, the way you described yourself there kind of reminds me of that - this girl wasn't so incredibly hot that she would cause accidents, but she was definately not an ogre, either. And I can't remember having heard any rumors regarding her dating anyone, ever. I always wondered about that.. part of what I found attractive about her was the fact that she was, in fact, quite smart - my interest in her started after she and I had a half hour debate about religion, actually.

Of course, I no longer harbor any idea of social status being in my way, I've matured a lot in the .. seven years... has it only been that long? Hm. Anyway, out of curiosity, since I no longer have that 16-year-old fragile ego, I have to ask - in the situation you were in, if someone your age, but was labelled as the school geek, asked you out, what would you have thought?

Yes, I know how odd that must sound... it's only curiosity, I swear. *Whistles*

20. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

I'll add that its not just that guys assume that attractive girls are off the market, but guys of the guys I know, the ones who actually want relationships aren't all that crazy about being turned down.