Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Presidential Campaign Ads

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AeroJonesy, Mar 18, 2004.

1. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Presidential Campaign Ads

Who else is sick of these? All I see on TV are ads against candidates. Bush telling me what Kerry's platform is and how bad it is. Kerry telling me Bush's platform and how bad his is. Why each candidate tell me what he or she stands for instead of what the other one doesn't stand for? I'm sick of all the attack ads on both sides. :(

2. Hippie Holocost

Hippie Holocost IncGamers Member

Well..........BECAUSE HE STARTED IT!!!!!

3. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

I hate campaigning in it's current form as a whole. All it's really about is making the other guy look worse than you.

I wish they'd stick to how they're gonna improve this country and what their stance on issues are instead of telling us how they're better than the other guy. It's a bunch of immature crap and it is annoying.

4. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

I have been plagued with insomnia for the past few months..so, I have watched a great deal of late night TV.

The political campaign from Bush..he spouts out his rhetoric then at the end says something to the effect "I am George W Bush and approve of the following campaign." That is not the exact verbage used, but the essence is the same.

Now, to me, this is so funny. GWB is yacking in the background..who the heck else would be endorsing this commercial?

Silly if you ask me.

5. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

That was the redeeming quality of the Edwards campaign, he didn't attack. It was a fresh breath of air.

As to the ads, whenever I see a flag or a photo of the asshats, I lunge for the mute button. Unfortunately Jonsey, it's gonna get worse for you, living in Ohio. I'm in the same boat as you, 'cept I'm in Pennsey. Damn you swing states!

Blow up your televison.

6. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

Sadly enough, even Canadian Brodcasting Companies are getting these campaign ad's. whats the point in showing them up here? we can't vote down there!

now...Im a Canadian i only care if the next President is gonna run the Country into the ground or not, and they seem to not tell me what they plan to do with the future. so if i was an american i would not chose either (not vote) or i'd pick Nader. if they settled on dirty campaign ads neither of them deserve to be president.

plus Bush turn his back on what he said in either late 2001 or early 2002 when he was asked if he would used 9/11 as a campaign platform. now those campaign ads make me truly sick.

7. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

You and me both, why cant both sides just attack the issues instead of each other? Television makes people lazy enough that
    a. they just dont care anymore
    b. they jump on the bandwagon and hate who everyone else is hating or love who everyone else is loving

thats why presidental campaigns need TV ads.