Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Preserved Heads

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by imbeak, Oct 11, 2006.

1. imbeak

imbeak IncGamers Member

Preserved Heads

If already asked, sorry, can't find it but ...

About these wonder shrunken heads in glass ... does it help or hurt to carry 2? (ya do just carry them right? not lil' bombs are they? lol) I mean they take up alot of room don't cha know.:grin:
    Like if I have 2 that have say +3 to poison ... does that double to +6? for example.

I'm just getting started and not played on-line with others yet. Wanna work on skilling up my Necro. (as soon as I decide how I wanna make him). Just made a new one and need to work on the skillless fella.

Oh, another question ... I've heard about mules. How do ya use them?

Thanx in advance for the help.:thumbsup:

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

the +pnb skills on heads are good for necs, equip them like shields
    im not sure if you can dual wield heads tho

mules are chars use to store items, bnet only allows 8chars per account but there are no limits on the number of accounts you can make
    for sp download and install atma, gives unlimited stash and gold storage
    http://atma.diabloii.net/

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Perserved Heads are shields that necromancers can wear. In order to gain the benefits from them, you're necromancer will need to be wearing it in the shield slot. Having it just in the inventory will not do anything :wink3:

Mule's are characters that are created with the sole intention of storing items. In other words, you transfer items from your main character that you are playing to a character that you are not (and possibly have no intention of playing). If you're on battle.net, then you'll generally need to find someone trustworthy to help you transfer the item across. If you're playing single player, you can use ATMA (http://atma.diabloii.net)

4. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

All items, except for charms, need to be equipped to take effect. Just having the extra shrunken head in your inventory will not give the +3 bonus, you have to equip it in a weapon slot. You cannot equip two heads at the same time, so no, carrying an extra head doesn't help. (You can put the second one on weapon switch, but it won't take effect until you switch weapon).
    Mules are just characters that you create to store extra items. Unlike the chars that you play, you won't spend time on leveling up mules (although you may rush them to hell difficulty so that they can enter hell games).
    Edit: damn, I'm way too slow...:cry:

5. imbeak

imbeak IncGamers Member

Ok! got it. so just having them on me like charms is doing nothing. thanx again. soooo much to learn. but, wth! it's fun!