Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

presenting my new build, the fartarian - and the world rejoiced. d

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by farting bob, Feb 19, 2004.

1. farting bob

farting bob Banned

presenting my new build, the fartarian - and the world rejoiced.

the fartarian is a new build, named after its inventory... me.:uhhuh:
    it requires some light modding to do, but does not affect game play at all. it has 1 unique feature.
    it frenzies with 2 wirts legs.:surprise:
    normally you can only carry 1 leg, but i have 2, duel weilding on a barb. as far as i know, this is the first duel wirtarian ever made.
    his bravery will be legendry throughout the diablo world as he beats at the ancients, diablo and baal, all with 2 rotting legs.
    my planned skills for the fartarian will be:
    20 battle cry
    20 mace mastery (wirts is mace classed)
    20 frenzy
    11 double swing
    10 natural resistance
    5 shout
    1 prereqs (5)
    total: 91 points

battle cry - a must have for all fartarians. it reduces all enemies def and there dmg done, and since you will want them to have as little def as possible for your legs, this is clearly the way to go. and whatever skills you'll use, you'll be standing there a long time, so lowered dmg will save a few potions or deaths.

mace mastery - kinda obvious, at lvl 20 it provides an 123% dmg boots, which is a hell of a lot and you really need it.

frenzy - your main attack skill. when maxed this is a godly skill for duel weilders like fartarians. nearly 200% dmg boost, 233% attack bonus, alot faster run/walk and some faster attack speed. is there anything wrong with this skill?? any mana leech at all will claw back the 3 mana it eats.

double swing - will help in the early art of the game, and is a good synergy (8% dmg) to frenzy. with this at 11, frenzy maxed, you do 281% ED, plus 123 from mace mastery with frenzy, not bad.

natural res - without a shield you need that extra resistance, and nat res is the best way to do it. 10 points add 54% res to all, easily making up for even a good shield.

shout - you'll be standing there fighting alot so having 140% extra def at slvl 5 has to be useful.

ive never made this (only thought it up today) fartarian, but purely from a mathmatical point of view, its skills will decide if this is a hell beater, or a quill rats breakfast.

skill timing:
    lvl 1-6
    1 in mace mastery, 1 in howl (prereq), taunt (prereq), bash (prereq), double swing
    lvl 7-18
    5 in shout, 4 in mace mastery, 1 in double throw (prereq)
    lvl 19-30
    5 in frenzy, 6 in battle cry, 2 in mace mastery, 1 in iron skin (prereq)
    lvl 31-50
    9 in frenzy, 7 in batte cry, 4 in mace mastery, 1 in nat res
    lvl 51+
    max out frenzy first, then mace mastery/battle cry at the same time, followed by nat res (put some earlier if its needed). finally, start maxing out double swing.

this is just a draft, ive never built him before, any suggestions please do say.

if you would like to do a fartarian, PM me and i'll tell you how to allow multi wirt's legs on the same character using ATMA.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Hmm...

Normally, one who follows the path of Wirt must use a vast quantity of elemental damage to bolster the distressingly low damage afforded by a prosthetic limb. I'd recommend elemental damage charms. Lots of them.

Open Wounds and Crushing Blow are pretty important too. I'd look to find some equipment to provide that.

Should be an interesting build though...

3. Hippomenes

Hippomenes IncGamers Member

Do you plan to imbue and/or socket your legs?

4. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

That is the best build I have ever seen!!! Honestly! I now have a new found respect for farting bob!

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

i suggest some CB and OW no matter what from your equipment.. and maybe a little investment in BO :scratch: i mean, what barb can go without that?
    ow and gets LOTS of elemental damage charms, and i mean lots of those, u will need those badly...
    looks like a interesting build though, go for it !

edit: damn u Shade :lol:

6. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

I see you either got the weapons.txt change to work, or you got my e-mail. Either way, you will need another source of damage for this to work. Cheers!

Edit: Why did make a post on how to mod it here and at the nameless d2 modding forum? 1 would have worked. Both places did give the same advice....

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

oh yes, i have a 3-socket leg, and several 2-socket legs. if i socket them early, then later on i'll have to find some more socket legs and fill them with better stuff.
    and i will use as mcuh elemental dmg as possible. charms, jewels, runewords if im lucky (i was thinking black or even fury if god likes me and drops a jah). what makes the fartarian harder than a wirtadin is tht pallys have skills like vengence auras that can provide elemental dmg. the fartarian has none.
    on other characters ive got i wil try imbuing, see what i get.
    if anybody has an imbued leg that will help me out (ele dmg, crushing blow, ED and life leech all help)
    Oh, and merc wise, the trustee holy freze merc is my choice. ele dmg, some actual phys dmg and slows enemies down meaning i get hit less during my very long battles.(i'll try not to depend on him to do all the killing, but it may well get like that if i like it or not.).

8. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Perhaps a Crescent Moon wirt's leg? i'm not sure if they can be runeworded, but if they can...

9. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

edit: sorry for the double post. got the forum down screen and reloaded...apparently it wasn't down enough to prevent my double post. :)

10. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

your fascination with corporeal gaseous expulsion would lead me to suggest that the Fartarian have a belt full of rancid gas bulbs to release - unfortunately said globes of "me pretties" do not normally go into a belt.

btw OT does anyone ever use any of these throw bulbs in any characters?
    seems like Blizz should just get rid of those and give us magical fruits in the next version (an orange gives you increased stamina, a banana more life etc)
    :lol:

11. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

It can be runeworded, but Crescent Moon does not work in club-type weaponry, and Wirt's Leg is classified as a club. Fury will work though.

12. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

A fury wirt's leg? Wow!! Its a pity crescent moon doesn't work. The static and -% to lightning could have made things a lot easier.

Fbob: have you considered changing the pts from shout to BO? After all, you're standing there taking hits all the time, wouldn't having 50% more life be better since your gear is gonna be limited by elemental mods.

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

50% extra life, say if i have 500 life, thats 750 with BO. but with shout, if i have 500 def (i know there not on the same lvl, but purely for comparison) i'd have 1200 def, which will stop alot of pain reaching me.
    having said that, i havent played a barb in 1.10.
    can a barb expert tell me which they'd rather have, 50% life or 140% extra defence?
    EDIT: Its My post of 1337ness!! :jig: :clap: :drink: :buddies:

14. PapaBearNZ

PapaBearNZ IncGamers Member

Dah dah dah dah dah Squeak
    Dah dah dah dah dah Squeak

Conga Rats! :yep:

PapaBear

15. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Mace Mastery will be far more valuable for its boost to AR than for increased damage. You aren't going to be dealing much physical damage with those legs no matter how you stack it. I would suggest holding off on some of those mastery points and save them for BO--you'll want a lot of life since you'll have no shield (unless you plan to have a single leg and a shield on weapon switch!).

Definitely stock up on Crushing Blow. Every source you can get.

EDIT: runewords didn't work in the leg in 1.09. I haven't heard of a test of this in 1.10 yet.

16. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

Sounds like a tourney in the making to me - the Fartarians. To contend with the Wirtadins.

Wirts leg wielding barbarians (allowing the dual wield through ATMA). Could be a bit of fun - if you do start a tourney, then I'll join in for sure.

Congratulations on your 1337ness.

All your posts will be revered while you retain your elite status.

However, make another post and this is lost.

Have a :drink: on me at the EMB in celebration.

I'm not 1337, and never have been. :lol:

17. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I still like Malice and it should work in a severed limb. Everything you touch bleeds. The life drain is a drag but I've found it to be a very nice low-level tool.

Just my .02

18. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Hey, I have a ton of lower level barb stuff I saved and never used...I'm level 59 now, and a lot of it might work for you. I'll go through it if you want and send you a stash....unless you want to do the build and searching all by yourself.

dok

let me know at [email protected], much easier for me to know it that way

19. cloudstride

cloudstride Banned

I have to question your use of mace mastery (especially on such low-damage weapons). I'd suggest using frenzy, points in double swing until it takes 0 mana, battle cry and/or warcry, and BO. Get lots of crushing blow and elemental damage.

20. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Once, while recovering my body after an untimely death, I poisoned a monster with one to stop him healing while my merc killed him. But that was just because there were a pile of gas potions just before this monster guarding my body.

So, yeah, once.. in all the time I've been playing. :)