Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Presentation of myself!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by drmalawi, Aug 1, 2017.

1. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

Hi I am new to the forum! I mostly play single player. My favourite chars are Barbarian and Paladin and I love to do unusual things with them. I use GoMule and a RWM when I play.

On my youtube channel I display some of my builds and I intend to do some playtroughs with commentary as well https://www.youtube.com/user/malawigw/videos

I live in Sweden and is between 30 and 35 years old. I took a break playing d2 and did play d3 instead for awhile. I work as a math and physics teacher at high school. I also have a PhD degree in physics and love to lift weights at the gym.

2. drmalawi

3. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Cool! I look forward to following your progress!

4. drmalawi

Thanks! I have never played Hardcore on single player (untwinked) before, just on ladder

I am gonna add commentary, but I don't have a proper microphone yet. Our microphone was stole from our storage room a few months ago and did not have a reason to buy a new one until now :)

5. drmalawi

Status of my most played characters (if nothing else is stated, they are SC twinked)

Most recent Pat/Mat:
    A kick-trap hybrid Assassin using the Rift runeword and Lawbringer on switch. I only put skill points into Dragon Talon, Burst of Speed and Death Sentry (for a challenge I suppose...). Guiliams face, upped Duriels shell, Crafted blood gloves with res and IAS, double upped Goblin Toes, Stormshield, Ammy with +3 to traps. Merc: same old act 2 Holy Freeze
    The Rift runeword was totaly OP and really fun to use! I have to try it on a conviction zealer sometime soon.
    Current level: 82
    Only the final baal wave was troublesome since I teleported to town just before which makes all corpses go away... (noob mistake)

Frostdin
    lvl 77 just about to enter Chaos sanctuary and freeze Diablo to ice cubes.
    Approximate skill points allocations: 20 sacrifice, 5 zeal, 1 holy shield, 20 holy freeze, 20 resist cold, 20 salvation.
    Herald zakarum, heavens light (2xEth for compensating really baaaad AR), Laying of hands, Aldurs sneakers, String of ears, Guardian Angel, Guiliams face, +3 offAura ammy, Ravenfrost, some rare ring with life leech and fire+light res.
    Only problems so far was arcane sanctuary (physical immune ghosts with really high cold res) and Flesh spawners in river of flame.
    Frozen river quest is gonna be a challenge!
    Merc: act ii might merc with reapers

Two-handed zealer
    lvl 78 just about to enter Chaos sanctuary and shred Diablo to meat pieces.
    Approximate skill points allocations: 20 sacrifice, 20 zeal, 20 fanatiscm, 20 blessed aim (for more AR), rest of skill points are into redemption.
    Obedience thresher, upped shaftstop, string of ears, upped Rockstopper, and generic melee items.
    Really fun to play, no problems so far! Resistances are top notch and high damage reduction.
    Merc: act ii defiance merc with reapers toll (I died too much when i had might merc)

Hardcore auradin, which I keep a Youtube diary. Only level 24 at the moment :)

MF
    Hammerdin and a Frozen orb/Chain lightning sorc (occy, vipermagi etc.)

Future plans:
    A paladin with huge integer PDR and MDR, think I am gonna go with a 2handed avenger for that, using Oath or Ribcracker...
    Merc will be a prayer + insight :)