Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Prerequsite for Re-rolling

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by emuSTYLE, Jun 26, 2010.

1. emuSTYLE

emuSTYLE IncGamers Member

Prerequsite for Re-rolling

Hi All,

I'm going to try and re-roll a circlet I just found, but wanted to get some clarafacation prior to doing so! :)

I found a Circlet that has the +2 to all Pally skills attribute on it (rare circlet) if my thinking is correct, according to AS, this means the circlet has an ilvl of 90?

is this sufficient in possibly rolling a 2/20/?

I was curious and didn't want to waste material if that's an incorrect assumtion

Thanks

2. Feysal

Feysal IncGamers Member

Re: Prerequsite for Re-rolling

Bad idea. As the above formula says, subsequent rolls deteriorate the ilvl of rare items rapidly. There's no way you can get +2 skills on a circlet rerolled with that formula. Even if you could, you'd be better off gambling circlets with a high-level character.

Only rare items I ever reroll are jewels, and even those I only reroll once or twice. After that, the ilvl has dropped too much.

3. emuSTYLE

emuSTYLE IncGamers Member

ahh, ,much appreciated!

If it were just a magic item though, (vs. rare) with the +2 pally skills, would the logic be sound using this formula?
    3 Perfect Gems (of any type) + 1 Magic Item = 1 New Random Magic Item of the Same Type

4. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Yes, the magic formula doesnt deteriorate ilvl. An ilvl 90 circlet will stay ilvl 90

That being said, its a horrible way to go about it. The chances of rolling such a circlet are abysmally low...your pgems are probably better spent rolling GCs or SCs, and then trying to trade them and save up for a good circlet, or even rerolling magic jewels in hopes of a good IAS/EDam or 15RA or something.

The better option if you're in SP or just want to get one yourself, as others have said, is gambling for them with a high level char. Gambling gives an ilvl from -5 to +4 of your clvl, but Coronets get a minimum of a +8 bonus to ilvl. That means you'll start to see +2 coronets as early as L78, and at L87 you're guaranteed to get at least ilvl 90 coronets every gamble. Gold is much more easy to save up and accumulate than pgems, especially with a GF character, and with Gheeds+Edge, you get a whopping 30% discount on gambling prices, which means you can gamble a lot of circlets in the same time you'd only be able to reroll 1 or 2.

5. xbayrockx

xbayrockx IncGamers Member

Droid - I wonder if you know the way an items vendor sell price is calculated?
    Also, do you know the mechanics behind how rare suffixes/prefixes are chosen?

6. fudoshin

fudoshin IncGamers Member

in your case is maybe better drop or gamble clear +2 pala circlet and then use larzuk.but i am not sure about number of sockets.cause formula for socketing if i am right is: if qlvl of item is over than ivlv than use qlvl (so u should use gambled items).it seems strange for me and ill found it later, i am right.so most of circlets should have 2 and some 3soc (because high qlvl is important just possibility of maximum sockets).but i got also 1.but i got also two.and i was lucky also with 3soc.dont talking about "blue" rare cirklets (everytime just 1soc)! so +2 pala and 2-3soc are absolutly better than some random roll and u have better chance to have it...