Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Preference of Chargers

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Standard Legal Tender, May 12, 2005.

1. Standard Legal Tender

Standard Legal Tender Banned

Preference of Chargers

I recently wanted to spend 5-10 sojs on a charger.
    I have no expertise with these chargers, although I know they are common in LOD. Questions:
    IAS-does it affect charge
    Knockback-does it affect charge
    I was considering buying a 290 ias martel or perhaps a 160-170 bh, I do not know wether 1h or 2h is a better choice.
    Opinions on other gear is appreciated, don't hold back on prices or expensive mods of gear ;)

2. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Ias doesn't affect charge

3. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

As far as I know, charge produces a natural knockback, so I don't see the point of needing any knockback mods. I'd go high damage (2h) with charge...its a single huge attack, so you'd want to do the most damage possible.

4. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

The only thing that affects charge's speed is vigor which happens to be a synergie for charge. Most of the time I would use might or maybe fant, just max charge and its synergies and if any left over put into fant. Use fant most of the time or if you need to catch a pesky sorc or barb just use vigor. As for wep go with a High damage lance as you will need good range and damage. The rest of your gear should just keep you alive look for life/resist/fhr. Most of your kills will be 1 hitters chargers don't seam to live to long, and more offten you see them as a low level duerler instead of an elite one.

5. Standard Legal Tender

Why would range of a lance matter, with my hammerdin I never failed to catch anything with charge, but UNLESS desycing they usually run before I get to cast hammers. The reason I am spending so many sojs is to try and negate the undenialbly bad life/res of a charger. As for gear, i beleive I can stack lr/cr 50-70 +, over 75. soceted Pruby gear is not a problem, so there is 200ish life right there, and as for low level, I can get private cs easily.
    Knowing this, I am hoping people who have built viable chargers to give me some tips on how to make a godly one. If they are not viable in hell, then I would stick to the +dmg on the syn of might and put it in nm, if they are viable then I'd get + fana, 1 in salv, rest holy shield. Any strategies on how do duel with chargers and gear are appreciated. :scratch:

6. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

I thought the smaller range was better with charge, beacuse when charge knocks an enemy back, a low range weapon will allow you to charge again, whereas a long range weapon would be able to reach the distance that charge knocks back,thus attacking normally instead of a consecutive charge.

7. Standard Legal Tender

I don't think the range would actually matter since charge has a certain period of stun time. Basically you would keep hitting until your attack is blocked :eek: . That's what I observed from some of my friend's hammerdin chargers with -req bhs who tried charge for fun. :uhhuh:

8. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

Ias is useless on a charger. you will want to use a nice rare lance for its the highest damaging range 5 weapon, and range is crucial for a charger. If you miss due to low range you can get frozen in place and have to take off your weapon and put it back on to be able to move, not too fun in a duel.

As for skills go with

20 might
    20 charge
    20 vigor
    20 fanatism
    1 salvation
    1 resist fire
    1 resist lihgtning
    1 resist cold

1 into the resist auras, salvation for leaching in cs. And individual resist auras for hard sorcs or fohers. You will still deal huge damage while using these auras. As for holy shield, The only character you would need a shield is against a BvB barb or a zealot, not many zealots our there and against a BvB you would just bring your BvB if he gives you trouble.

My personal charger used full itharas set, angelic rings and armour, and rare boots with high resists and 30 fr/w ; although if you wanna spend a lot you would use a setup of all godly rares.

Charge maxed with synergies and maxed fanatiscm, using a 320 lance did 6k damage. 4.5k without.

hope this helps

Fred

9. Standard Legal Tender

Thank you, that helps a lot. A few questions:

1. Do you think if you changed from your setup to godly items, there would be a large difference for PvP, and how so.
    2.What classes do chargers seem to be stronger against, and weaker against.
    3.How well does your charger do in hell duels, do you think chargers are better suited for nm instead?
    4.Please note any dueling strategies.

Thank you very much ;)

10. fredsta54

@ standard legal tender:

If i changed my setup to all rares it would be, rare belt, rare gloves, rare helm, hawkmail, angelic ammy and rings, and the usual rare boots. On these rares look for high fire/cold/lightning resist, faster hit recovery, and life.

The charger is strong against anybody except a bvb. You dont stand a chance against a bvb unless they lag a lot. I found this character very strong vs bone necros. I put on a +2 pally scepter so they think i am a foher. They switch to a 3 soc p topaz shield usually. Leaving them vunerable for 6k charge. Sorcs are easy. Just remember the resist auras. Having an aura on, your charge will still be lethal. It can duel in hell fine. Team up with barbs you know you cant beat cuz you;ll get a headache dueling them.

As for the switch of my setup to godly rares, i think all it wuld do is add a few resists, get sum fhr, and more life. I like ithara because of the +10% max resists

Does ffine in hell

Fred

11. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

I have a fairly decent One Handed charger on West. He still needs some levels, nevertheless he does kill people around his level range. I don't know 'what' type of tips you want... Could you be more specific? I mean, are you going all out damage or what? If you see the character SensualPain on bnet, it's me. Talk to me.

12. Standard Legal Tender

A account could be better to contact with , mine is fallen_angel123

13. fredsta54

ARE you east ladder?

14. Standard Legal Tender

No, I am currently playing west realm, but I have a friend east ladder. I met him a long time ago.. I forget his name either ed or fred or something.... I remember he had 2 sorcs and he was in EVIL clan. They were like, Ks-Ks and Evil-Rabbit....i used to make trix jokes about his name :p .

15. fredsta54

If hes in evil clan i know/know of him. Evil clan is pretty rich and medium sized clan, a lot of people in it are.... well im not gonna say bad words

16. iMMoRTaL GuaRDiaNz

iMMoRTaL GuaRDiaNz IncGamers Member

ya Ks-Ks is ed i believe from EVIL clan on east. hes *YoU. on west EVIL-BadAss is his sorcs name. hes one of the best fbers ive dueled ^^ hes pretty cool his friends the mean one tho... rEdRuM-ii / *m3nace. or something like that

17. psycho.hatred

psycho.hatred IncGamers Member

sry for bumping this thread but.
    I think range matters for a charger. lesser range are better since higher range would result into a poke instead of a charge if you are close to your opponent. lance for an instance.
    again sry for the bump

18. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

It's not a bump. The last post, prior to yours, was only yesterday morning. Besides, an "unatural bump" is where we draw the line. Say, for instance, you wrote a thread about a build ytou wanted to make and no one replied to it for several days and it sank into the 2nd page. Iy you then made a post saying something like "hey guys, any feedback on my build?" That would be an unatural bump.

No worrys. :)

19. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Redrum. I remember that ******. Made some fire sorc on west, used a LOT of hacks while dueling (i shant mention them in this forum) and claimed he owned everyone, even though he got pwnted. haha

20. Standard Legal Tender

Yeh he came on west and fb vs fb Ig-meteora, I used to watch them since I don't like to use fb sorcs. When he came on west, i used to duel him with my nec :clap: and win flawlessly as i recall :eek: , I beleive thats how we met and became friends. Not sure i've seen his friend though. There's some East clan now on west...thier a joke...