Predictions on remaining 2 classes

Ishmayl

Diabloii.Net Member
There will be two more classes released eventually. My predictions are:

"Hunter" or "Ranger" Ranged Rogue-type. I'm thinking instead of straight amazon, assassin, or rogue, we're going to see a bit of a combo, somethiung with ranged combat abilities and trap setting.

Death Knight. Everyone loves the Necromancer and everyone loves the Paladin. Throw them together. Give us an undead-raising, (un)holy crusader.

What do you guys think?

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member
There will be two more classes released eventually. My predictions are:

"Hunter" or "Ranger" Ranged Rogue-type. I'm thinking instead of straight amazon, assassin, or rogue, we're going to see a bit of a combo, somethiung with ranged combat abilities and trap setting.

Death Knight. Everyone loves the Necromancer and everyone loves the Paladin. Throw them together. Give us an undead-raising, (un)holy crusader.

What do you guys think?

i agree with the hunter/ranger character being a new class and filling the archer role. the amazon wont be back cause of the no men thing. i dont think we will get the necro yet either but some form of summoner should be in at launch. i dont think we will see any d3 classes yet so i fully expect the next 2 classes to be new followed by returning classes in dlc/xpacs

Ghonn

Diabloii.Net Member
Bow wielding character is a given in my opinion, so some sort of rogue/amazon/ranger. Last spot is probably for the summoner class, but what about paladin type character then?

Is bow/summoner hybrid out of the question? I'm not too familiar with D&D lore and such, so I'm not sure if there's any "classical" character class that fits the description.

Wirt

Diabloii.Net Member
My guess is a straight ranged/bow type and a ‘party friendly’ type like the paladin.
No necro, Druid is the summoner already. I am pretty sure I heard in one of the Blizzcon movies they give him the raven and vines again.

Mage Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't be surprised if the ranged class is a Demon Hunter. One of the most popular new classes in D3, and probably the easiest to fit into the darker art style. Also combines ranged weapons and traps as OP suggested. Plus avoids the no men issues for Rogue and Amazon.

Wirt

Diabloii.Net Member
According to that Reddit post from before Blizzcon, that has proven spot on almost completely, we get the same five classes again we started with in D2. So Amazon and Paladin still to be announced if it’s true.

Ghonn

Diabloii.Net Member
According to that Reddit post from before Blizzcon, that has proven spot on almost completely, we get the same five classes again we started with in D2. So Amazon and Paladin still to be announced if it’s true.
Druid was an expansion character, though. Necro was there from the launch with aforementioned paladin and amazon (and barbarian and sorceress).

s4nder

Diabloii.Net Member
It'll be amazon and paladin according to the leak I posted in another thread but I'm hoping for something more interesting.

In the name of Zod

Diabloii.Net Member
I think D4's version of an assassin phoenix striker will be the most interesting. That to me was the one build in D2 that I thought needed more attention (that I played) so they can't really lose here if they give it a shot. I really enjoyed playing her until I scraped my way out of Hell Act 2, from that point onwards it quickly felt like a useless endevour trying to play it.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
What I think it will be:
Demon Hunter and Paladin

What I actually want:
Assassin and Death / Chaos Knight

liriocruento

Diabloii.Net Member
So far we got:

* a ranged magic char
* a melee physical char
* a mixed between both (druid)

If we take that into account, to balance things out, we might see a ranged physical char (like the amazon/demon hunter), that leaves us with one spot left which might be a mix between both the ranged physical and something like a melee magic char (if that exists).

There must always be bows and crossbows right? So if I could choose, I'd like to see a ranger/rogue class. Something akin to Legolas, double daggers/ short swords and a bow. This would be something like a fastpaced glasscannon sharpshooter/slasher, like a shadow dancer from dnd. I imagine something like a demon hunter/monk or an amazon/assassin. Tumbling in midle of the monsters, fan of knives, tumbling out, pulls bows, multishot. Man that would be awesome imo.

I would also like see something like this death knight (maybe a fallen Knight? so that people don't complain about the similarities with wow?) people said, a mix between paladin and necro, man that would be so sweet!

Another char I thought about would be something like a dark monk, a ronin, something like that.

I really wish to see a fastpaced character, anything like the monk or the assassin. or other combinations.

If you think about it, it might be odd that they bring back all the chars from D2. I would think that they might try and do something different with the remaining chars.