Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Predicting end game stats for a char.

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Phyrexial, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Predicting end game stats for a char.

After taking into account the +life, stamina, and mana a character gets when it levels up what other things contribute to it that should be taken into consideration like quests and such?

So far I remember off the top of my head:

- 5 stats for the Tome quest in Act 3 (+15 stats total)
    - x life for the Jade Figurine quest (I forget how much life you get from this)
    - 10 all res from Anya quest (30 res total)
    - 5 skill pts from Den, Radiment, and Izzy. (+15 skill pts total)

I haven't actually played the PvE game in awhile so any help would be appreciated if I missed something.

2. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

It is +20 life each difficulty (60 life total)

Only 4 skill pts from Den (1), Radament (1), and Izzy (2). (+12 skill pts)

When I am planning a character, I always think of the quest skills as +11 since your character starts at lvl 1 with no skill to invest, so I attribute the den quest as the one granted for level 1, but then again I usually get to level 3 or 4 by the time the quest is complete. Regardless, at level 99, you can only have 110 skill points to distribute.

3. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

I usually count all rewards up to Hell Den quest.
    Which include:
    9 skillpoints, 10 statpoints, +40 life, and only +20% all resists (probably most important, since resists are a problem in Hell).
    With all theese given, and considering ~lvl 78, a charcter must be completely Hell-ready. He must have enough damage, 75% block (if shield is considered for the build), 75% Fire&Light res, ~45-50% cold, don't usually care about poison (if it's not negative, I beleive it's OK).
    Required resistance before I get Hell Anya are usually raised by some +single res charms.

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

I don't usually consider anything at all :)

I plan for 100 skillpoints; stat points don't matter since if I know the gear I know how much str/dex I need, and after that there's always something to dump stat points into.

Occasionally I end up with too much str because of gear changes I didn't plan for (like when my Skelemancer decided to try dclone... so now he has too much str. My bowazon might end up with too much str as well, depending on my final armor choice... I was planning for Smoke, but now I'm considering Lionheart as well, if I manage to bring up resists with charms). And I was too lazy to go through all my annis, and just grabbed one...).

That's something I might change if they destroy the current ladder, and I decide to restart: I'll probably try to collect (and reserve inventory space for it) 20 points worth of str charms (or at least 10, since annis don't get lower) and use them to reach the 118 I need for Marrowwalks --- so when I get the anni I can just take out some of the str charms...

Life or Stamina I don't have to plan; it's something you just get. My bowazon still has 85 stat points unallocated (she's lvl 82, with the endgame gear except for armor and she still needs resist charms; offhand I don't remember whether I got the hell tome already), but that's just because I didn't want to decide yet whether to put them in vit for life or dex for damage/ar, or how to split them up...
    It's much easier for the Skelemancer: ever since I reached 118 str I just dumped everything into Vit :)