Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Predazon build: immolation arrow + jab

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by PatrickV, Feb 8, 2004.

1. PatrickV

PatrickV IncGamers Member

Predazon build: immolation arrow + jab

I came up with this build after watching the movie Predator the other week, currently the character is up to level 47. It's a hybrid bowazon/spearazon that attacks half with a maxed out immolation arrow and half with a spear skill. I don't know whether this build has been posted before, but I'll go ahead anyway. I just like it because immolation arrow becomes an excellent skill and the casting delay doesn't matter.

This amazon mimics the predator's fighting style of fring a single crippling shot before charging in for the kill in close combat. The bow skill of choice here is immolation arrow. You fire this, then charge at the monser, switch to your spear and then finish them off. By charging, you keep the monster standing still in the immolation flames, as most will wait for you to come to them. The low mana requirements of spear attacks also mean that you don't have to invest in mana or even mana steal, as super mana potions with maybe a low level steal are more than enough.

Most skill points should first go into passive skills and bow skills. At level 47 I'm using a maxed immolation arrow, a level 6 multiple shot, but only a level 3 jab. It's good enough for now. The immolation arrow is the most important thing.
    Items are fairly open, but the one thing you should try to get is a blue bone helm to keep in the quasi-predator theme. Boots which increase your run rate are useful too.

2. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

The problem is that to get good damage output on the Immolition arrow then you want to synergize the Explosion portion... If that's the case then there's no point in getting the baddie to stand there while you hammer them. The other. If you want to max the standing in the flames damage then you should really shoot a couple of times and then charge in...

Furthermore range characters need different stats then melee chars. Unless you want to try and make it up with her passive skills... but then you'll have problems doing damage in hell...

But hey... you can get good levels in NM now ;D. (Build however you want to... just be prepared to accept the characters as they are... btw... the hunter [druid] and the enchantress [sorce] kick butt)

3. royalesse

After giving a little more thought you can get away with it... but the build would be a little item dependent.

Skills:
    20 Immolition
    20 Explosion or Fire Arrow
    20 Avoid
    20 Dodge
    20 Evade
    8 Fend
    1 in the prereqs
    That should total 111 by lvl 99. You can get the piercing from a Buriza, and you can get your Physical damage from a Hone Sudan (45% crushing blow and you can either socket with 2 ber's and a shael or 3 shaels and use Rattlecage, Gore riders, and crafted blood gloves [you could use guillame's face but I know how you feel about the helm]). Using that equipment you can get by with: 100 str, and 80 dex and put the rest into Vit.

3 shaels in the Hone and you hit the 5 frame breakpoint, with Jab it would take significantly more IAS.

As you can tell you won't have a Valk and I don't suggest you get a Merc. You'll need to herd the monsters into a crowd and fire a single arrow into them and let the explosions and the fires stack. If you have a Valk or a Merc they will separate or string out the baddies.

The only reason you want the buriza is for the 100% piercing. You could go the Demon machine + razortail route but it requirements of the Buriza work better with the requirements of the Hone Sudan.

The Avoid, Dodge and Evade plus all the life you'll have available should let you tank enough when in melee. The only real problem you will have will be resists... You can either stack charms or try and get some absorb equipment.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out...

P.S. the zon looks awesome with Rattlecage

4. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 IncGamers Member

If you're going to do the skills that way, be sure to wait to max D/A/E until last. It's so difficult to level through high 80's and definitely 90's now, those last points will be hard to come by. And it's not even that worth it. From levels 11-14, Dodge and Evade only increase by 1% per level, and after 14, it's only 1% every 2 levels. So you can stop at 11, save 9 skill points each, and only lose 7%. Or stop at 14, save 6 points each, and only lose 4%. Avoid can be stopped at level 13-16.

Those saved points can go towards maxing your spear skill, highly increasing the damage and AR. Or use a valk. I don't think a valk will string out the enemies. I actually think she'd help contain them in a pack. Once she's engaged, she doesn't usually walk off and take enemies with her. They'll just group around and you won't have to herd quite as much. Plus, with a valk there that the enemies will huddle around, you can stand back and fire a few more arrows before charging in with the spear.

5. redalert

redalert IncGamers Member

Very interesting movie-inspired build =). Yea I agree with Broncobiv2 that you won't need to max the passive evade/dodge/avoid skills because the diminishing returns won't make a huge difference anymore. I want to see more of these custom builds!

6. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

You should definitely invest in a valk instead of maxing d/a/e. She's a better tank than you so she'll be the one with all the monsters crowding around her. That gives you more time to fire off immo arrows and then charge in.

Fend is still bugged so getting surrounded by monsters is a very fast way to die =(

7. redalert

redalert IncGamers Member

If they made fend more like zeal, that would be cool =). But perhaps make the zon a little too godly.

8. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

My 2 cents to this build. Appearance: Helm from Natalya's Set and a Loricated Armor for fit real appearance.
    (Helm misses, but you can imagine it :D)

PS: Thanks Alainpp66 for that link :)

9. royalesse

redalert, sunbearie, & Broncobiv2

I'd have to disagree with the Valk. Did you ever run hell cows in 1.09 with a Javazon?

It's a pain to get in a good kill shot with a merc and or a Valk. You get cows all over the place. It's better to get a tight pack and then a well placed shot.

Furthermore you won't get the large piercing explosion like you do from lightning fury so the tighter the pack the better.... If you have a valk they'll just form a circle around the valk or string out from you to your valk.

D/A/E are intended to be gravy but she'll need it to run into a pack of monsters. Currently, yes Fend is bugged... I know it gets jacked up when you block, does anyone know if you whiff if you D/A/E?

My suggestion is that you test valk vs. no valk for yourself... there's plenty of well know hacks for open bnet and you just make a character there. Don't jack up the stats or else you won't get an accurate picture. Then test Immo Arrow with and without the valk and see which best fits your playing style.