Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Precast or not for ww-sin?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by MrNecro, Sep 12, 2006.

1. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

Precast or not for ww-sin?

hiho!

Damn I was waiting the whole weekend for a nice +3 venom claw for my ww-sin. But this day I came up with the idea of precast -.- (I know a bit late).

Ok I need your advise on this one:

Shall I get a nice +3 venom claw or just precast everytime. If I precast with: shako+enigma+sojs+hoto+spirit+arach+mara= 14 extra levels.
    Or +3 to venom +3 shadow+amy +Helm

Dont have any idea if enigma gives a precast or not? Precast with enigma or bramble?

Is it worth the effort or do you all guys prefer the rough fight so that dont spend time on precasting?

Thanks

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

I think Bramble would add more damage.

By the way, if you want to get a high lvl of Venom, you should use a Chaos and a Fury or a Fool's claw each with +3 Venom, nets you more total than hoto+spirit (6 instead of 5).

I'm always against Precast in everything except ES sorcs, as your timer will end or you will die and then you have to do it all again, which is not fun (IIRC Speederländer was able to have lvl 50 field-castable Venom).

3. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

i also think precasting isnt much fun.
    maybe it adds a nice bit of dmg, but u will realize that it can be reallly annoying that ull have to prebuff again every time you die. and ofc when it ran out after some time.

yeah, lvl50 and even more is possible field-castable if you got the right eq (52 sould be possible with 2sin 3venom fools mod claw).

4. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

You can precast lvl 58 Venom with:

+3 Shadow Helm
    +3 Ammy
    +2 Skill Armor
    +2 from Rings
    +1 Belt
    +2 Boots
    +3 Torch
    +1 Anni
    +9 GCs
    +12 Claws

Practically, you want to swap the +2 Skill armor for Bramble, so lvl 55 is the useful max. Thing is, it's a huge gear switch, takes a long time, and you'll run out eventually. Plus, you might die. And it's possible to cast lvl 50 Venom off claws. Personnally, I wouldn't do this, because in order to have lvl 50 you need to use a +3 Shadow circlet, which means you must use a magical circlet, which in turn means you miss out on Stats, Life and probobly resists. Lvl 49 is a good level to aim for if you have +6 as staff mods on claws. Same goes for the ammy.

5. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

Great! So I can get a +6 venom claw where I can put my chaos in???????How expensive is such a thing?

6. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

He means +6 off both claws, +3 off each individuallly.

+6 to Venom claws are magic ones with +3 Shadow Disciplines and +3 Venom.

And happy, for non hybrids a 3 Shadow, 20 FCR, 2 Socket circlet is possibly the best option out there. :thumbsup:

7. MrNecro

MrNecro Banned

Hmm any idea how expensive such a helm is? And how expensive a +3 venom is worth? I know this isn't a trade value forum. But I think the moderator will make an exeption because these items are really rare and only under the notice of assasins. (maybe it is smart to pvm me)

Thanks

8. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

A 3/20/2 Circlet shouldn't be too expensive. One on Europe Ladder wen't for 2 ists a couple of days ago.

The 3 socket 3 Venom claws vary in price tremendously, depending on other skills and base claw type.

9. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

Precast is a waste i used to have alot of precast gear on my ww/trapper, 3 shakow helm with facet 3 shadow amu, shadow claws + the bramble and skill rings.

To precast takes up too much time and there is still a chance u could die as soon as u leave town to a random or something and then that mean u have to spend another 2 mins precasting gear again.

Or worst u run out in a duel and u have to cast a normal bo anyway...

As said if it is desperately needed, bramble and say a 3 shadow amu is good enought.

yeah 50 is certainly possible with base equip providing as said ur claws have atleast 3 venom

10. order

order IncGamers Member

precast wastes too much time and it only lasts like 5-6 min depending on how much you use. try and optimize damage and surviveability on your dueling gear to save time and headaches.