Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Prebuffing venom

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Gilaim, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Gilaim

Gilaim IncGamers Member

Prebuffing venom

So, I know that venom is a prebuffable skill, but my question is about the benefits of a poison facet.

If I prebuff venom with two poison facets in my +3 shadow claws, will the effect of the poison facets go away when I switch back to my main weapons?

My initial thoughts, are the +x% to skill damage will remain in effect, but I won't get the benefit from the -x% to enemy poison resistance. Am I on the right track? I read in a rabies druid guide, that you bite them, let the poison start, then switch to a 6 poison facet sword/4 facet shield and their poison resist will be lowered dramatically. Is venom like this? I know that's totally unfeasible to do that swap thing due to the 0.4 second infection period :D

Just wondering if it'd be a good idea to toss some poison facets in my +3 shadow disc claws.. potential of 2 sockets, that's +20% poison skill damage, which equals about 10 levels of venom o_O

-Gilaim

2. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

yes, + poison dmg items always depend on your current setup, as is seen with rabies druids, they hit their target and then switch to death's web or poison facets on weapon switch to get more damage out of their rabies, even though their inital hit was not by the death's web/poison facets.

3. ThyForbidden

ThyForbidden IncGamers Member

Poisen facets are pretty crappy. At llevel 37(I think) venom is 1k poisen dmg. A facet adds only 50 dmg... Though the -5% resist does help, most have alot spilling over(poisen resist is very easy to get.. so most people either have none or a crapload)

I would recommend a lower resist wand on switch(My ww assassin uses this along with demon limb.. switch em around in inventory) And a bramble in your stash to switch between if you notice someone has low poisen resist(hit a sorc, often i df then ww a sorc once and she has 1 health, then i mind blast when she tries to tele around)

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I would not be sure on that rabies is a skill used like a finishing move it is only used when cast or used. Venom is like enchant on the sorc in that it holds to the weapon. Sorcs always add facets to add to their enchant damage prebuff so it might work. You might want to ask those that have looked at the code how it works exactly.

The +% should hold to the weapons however the -% would not IIRC.

5. Sahansral

Sahansral IncGamers Member

Intresting. Perhaps someone with modding skills can clear this up :uhhuh: