Re: Pre-D3 MFO Signups and Progress

AT update

1. Victus
2. Kimppi
3. pharphis
4. TheReadMenace
5. QueenEm
6. LiquidClear

Updated 3/5: It is anyone`s game so far. Pharphis, Kimppi and Victus are a bit ahead of the rest, but there`s not much separating those three.

LiquidClear has the best score from a comedy viewpoint, though:)

Last edited:

Thomh

Diabloii.Net Member

Normal monsters can certainly drop TC87 items. Only Arachnid Mesh, Azurewrath and Tyrael`s Might can`t be dropped by a regular fallen in the pits:)

P1 and bosspack hunting is probably still the way to go, though.

Kimppi

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah i haven't really played much since last weekend but got a bump just a minute ago that changed the top so I'll send one in a minute. I guess I'll have to play some after all to prove the barbarian supremacy.

TheReadMenace

Diabloii.Net Member

Other alvl85 Runners Update:

1. Fyourics
2. zgpmf
3. FredOfErik
4. kestegs
5. VoltageR
6. janooo
7. CorruptedMollusk
8. maxicek
9. HeadKick

That's nine out of fifteen runners, and three of those are old scores. That said, with the info I've been given, this is still very much anyone's game.

I run on P1 and only aim to kill bosspacks - their droprates aren't dependant on Psetting. And IIRC normal monsters can't drop TC87 items.
True, but the minions of unique monsters can. That said, it's hardly a reason to up the /p settings. ...But it does increase the drop rate of all items, including runes.

Personally, I've never run any alvl85 area on anything but /p1. That is in great part, however, because I've never really had the best-of-the-best gear to justify going any higher.

AND NOW... I posted that Pluckeye... but behold my update on the rarest drop I've had so far:

Pelta Lunata
Buckler
Defense: 39
Chance to Block: 20
Durability: 9 of 22
Required Level: 2
Required Strength: 12
Fingerprint: 0x841b0273
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+40% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+38% Enhanced Defense
+30 Defense
+2 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+10 to Energy
+10 Maximum Durability

1 : 143,424. How lucky I am!! Any questions on why I'm ranked #4 on a list of 5 players? :crazyeyes:

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I'll have to send you my update, then. Only a slight improvement, but hopefully it makes the difference :p

Cyrax

Diabloii.Net Member

Update sent.

Hardly had time to play yesterday. But in the 7 runs i did, i got a new top 5 item so it still payed off.

Just had a (minor) car accident (which was my own fault). So i'm not feeling like playing tonight. Most likely won't have time tomorrow either. So that leaves just the weekend for further improvements.

Also it seems like i've taken completely the wrong approach in the MFL for this round. There i did everything on p1 because i wanted to do as much Baalkills as possible. Expecting that was where most of the high-end items would come from. Now i'm running p8/3 and most, if not all, top 5 items are from minions.

Paradigmshift

Diabloii.Net Member

Just sent in my pindle update. Just got in from work, so, sorry that it was a little late getting to you.

My top5 looks really good to me. Still some room for improvement, so I will continue to push for victory.

Go Go Team Kittens!!!

LiquidClear

Diabloii.Net Member

AT update

1. Victus
2. pharphis
3. Kimppi
4. TheReadMenace
5. LiquidClear

I`ve only gotten an update from Victus and TRM since my last update, so this might be a bit misleading. I`ll happily edit in anyone who sends their scores late, but won`t be able to do so until tomorrow afternoon.
No improvements on my awesome score, Thom. So consider my update sent!

jimsfriend

Diabloii.Net Member

Pindle category is gonna have to watch out, my guy is actually at pindle now!

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Today I found many more items that didn't improve my score, but some of them boosted my safety quite a bit, and I also found a Lo just a few mintues ago :)
My mf has very slwoly grown from 129 at the beginning of this thing to 231, so I'm feelin' pretty darn hot! Although I realise some of you have like 700 mf and find item :p

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member

Normal monsters can certainly drop TC87 items. Only Arachnid Mesh, Azurewrath and Tyrael`s Might can`t be dropped by a regular fallen in the pits:)
Those are the ilvl 87s, they can't drop ilvl 86s either. I don't have a complete list but I believe that also includes Mang Song Lesson, Stormlash, CoA (I've hit a failed one of these in the pits) and one or two others (Tombreaver and grandfather maybe??)

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I did a bunch of random reading about AT runs yesterday, and I recall reading Tombreaver, as well as all the others you mentioned except for maybe grandfather.
I've begun using a switch with an ali baba for 91 more mf for when the merc kills, and I'm wondering if anyone knows for certain about something. . .
If I cast blizzard, and switch weapons real quick before the enemy dies, will it use the mf that I switched to for the drop? If so then I think I will start using this trick for an easy boost to mf in a cuple of areas in my run where it's safe to do so.

TheReadMenace

Diabloii.Net Member

If I cast blizzard, and switch weapons real quick before the enemy dies, will it use the mf that I switched to for the drop?
Yes. I used to do Ali / Rhyme combo all the time. Gull is even better if you've got one, but if you want the gold from champs (edit: or have Ists to burn in those sockets) then I'd stick with that.

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member

Update sent. I've worked out why things seem to be going so slow for me. In the last MFO and the Pindle round of the MFL I was averaging about three qualifiers per hour, this time I'm running at less than two. Same character, same %MF, same run time, more or less the same numbers of S/U's dropping, but the good drops are avoiding be. Guess I used up all my luck last time!

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member

Baal update
Cyrax
frozzzen
scrcrw
nubikoen

and Teams
A-Team
Kittens
unnamed/Bottom Tier

Its still a bit early for teams, the ordering exactly matches the number of members reporting scores, but A-Team really does have their act together.

Victus

Diabloii.Net Member

Looks like A-Team kicks asses.:jig: Most of my top5 dropped on Monday. No big improment since then. Highest rune is Lem. My best non-qualifier is this:
Code:
Ruby Jewel of Carnage
Required Level: 58
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x694b6b2b
+40% Enhanced Damage
+13 to Maximum Damage
Go, Go A-Team! We can do it.:thumbup:

Thomh

Diabloii.Net Member

I`ve updated the standings for the AT runners above, so you can go there to check it out:)

zgpmf

Diabloii.Net Member

Pindle update:
Paradigmshift
TheNix
jjscud
jimsfriend

Paradigmshift is a bit ahead but nothing's over yet!