Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

prayer merc

Discussion in 'Druid' started by harley98, May 31, 2005.

1. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

prayer merc

the last post didnt work sorry

basic build melee summoner

max raven
    max spirit wolf
    max dire wolf
    max grizzly
    max heart of the wolverine

merc act2 combat (prayer)

the question was why i use a prayer merc and why max spirit wolves.

the prayer merc uses a reapers toll. it has decrepify on it(so basically it increases damage and slows everything down). so its like having a might and holy freeze merc but i dont. plus he can heal everything making them a lot more tougher. thats 3 bennies i get out of one merc (slowing, increasse in damage and healing).

maxed spirit wolves just make the dire wolves and grizzly do more damage because they hit more often and they take less damage because of there extra defense.

2. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Dont understand your reasoning - if your pet dies, recast him, its not a big deal, a might merc however would dramatically increase their damage. Same deal with spirit wolf synergy, the def of your summons isnt that high to begin with, and % of low def is gonna be low def still, as for AR problems, summons hit fine without maxed spirit wolves anyway. Id rather use those 20 points into something more useful, maybe fissure or volcano to get some more sources of damage, or poison creeper (never tested it but according to electricblue it can really dish out the damage).

3. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Already explained this to him in another thread but he started this one for some reason.

4. harley98

it boils down to expirementing. everyone uses a might merc, well how about doing or reading about something different for a change. besides u can always find a weapon or make a runeword weapon to increase damage of your crew but u cant find one that heals them. this build with the prayer merc works really well. has any one uses a blessed aim merc, i did on my hunter and it worked. how about a thorns merc? or a lightning iron mage? u just dont read or hear about some one using something different for a change. the thing about spirit wolves, they do make a difference.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Diablo II is a very old game, and most things have been tested at least a couple of times...the things that don't work, people usually don't talk too much about. That's why all you hear about are Might mercs and cookie cutter builds. If you like using the Prayer merc then that's cool, but I think I'll stick to Might:) I have tried the act 3 mages and in my opinion they suck bigtime:(

6. harley98

i just like to see something different for a change or hear about someone elses expiriences useing something out of the ordinary. your right about the act 3 mages, i tried a lightning mage and u need alot of fast cast and + skills to even make a dent in hell, but it was fun. and people looked at me funny(lol) when they seen them charged bolts and lightning sceaming across the screen with a pack of wolves in the middle.