Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Prayer Merc equipped with 'Insight'

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by BildBenny, Sep 19, 2006.

1. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

Prayer Merc equipped with 'Insight'

Did a search but I couldn't find what I was looking for among the hundred's of results.
    Does 'Insight' work with mercenaries with the Prayer Aura? I mean, does the Mercenary's Prayer Aura stack with the Meditation Aura from 'Insight'? Double healing?
    Thanks in advance.

2. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I've been told yes, but honastly never tried it and can't prove it.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Yes, it does. That's what I'm currently running on my untwinked Light Sorc over on West.

4. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Yes

Only a Paladin, with at least one point in Prayer (it's not a true synergy, but that's a different issue), or an act two normal/hell combat warrior can have a replenish bonus when using Insight. Anyone else using it, say in a staff, would only receive the regeneration, but only players would normally benefit from Meditation anyway, since minions have no mana base. In the mercenary's case, though, he gets the double bonus simply because he's wearing it. So, double his Prayer replenishment for partied players and himself, Prayer-only for all other party members.

5. BildBenny

Thank God! That's +42 Life Healed every second! Supposing the Merc is CLVL 75+, ofc.
    Thanks guys!

6. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

I always thought you merc would reach lvl 17, so that would be 2x19=38 life healed. Is this incorrect?

7. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

I believe only might caps at that number. Not totally sure though.

8. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

It does work.

Make an ES sorc and give an Insight to your prayer merc. Serious surviveability.

It's a great merc for any PvM caster really - useless for melee as you leach life so fast and you don't need meditation.

All my caster characters have used this combination since I discovered it. Makes general surviveability soooo much easier. It's like permanantly drinking mana and health potions every second of the game.

If you're in a group your team will LOVE you.

9. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Normal combat mercs have prayer capped at 18(lvl 75).
    Hell combat mercs have prayer capped at 16 (I don't know the level).
    Nightmare offensive mercs have might capped at 20 (lvl 95).

Also, +All skills items will increase a merc's native aura. For the purposes of how prayer and meditation work, it will also increase the healing that is shared to meditation.

10. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

75. Any caps for A2 mercs in LOD will kick in at 75 (55 in classic).

For completeness, all Normal/Hell auras are capped at 18/16,
    HF is capped at 16 and thorns is capped at 15.

11. thegiantturtle

Maybe I'm looking at an out of date resource, but I see all Act 2 Hell mercs as having a level 16 aura once they've reached the level it turns on. Is that wrong?

12. Delreich

No, that's what I meant. 18 for normal, 16 for hell.

13. thegiantturtle

We're still not on the same page. Normal Act 2 mercs start their aura at aura_level 1. Hell Act 2 mercs start their aura at aura_level 16.

14. Delreich

Oh, you meant like that... yeah, they only have the lvl75 row. Dunno how that work at lower levels.

15. BildBenny

For specific details on all kinds of Mercs, there's sticky in the Sorceress part of this forum. =)

16. Edge

Edge IncGamers Member

Re: Prayer Merc equipped with 'Insight'

If there is an expert on prayer aura out there or just a general D2 expert, I would like these very straight forward questions answered, because there is a lot of confusion and ambiguity out there about them.

1. Do prayer auras stack? I have heard from one source that they do, because of the fact that prayer is a ping aura. However, I have not heard any confirmation from a second source. To clarify my question so I can get a straight forward answer, I am talking about two prayer auras; I am not talking about cleansing and prayer or meditation and prayer. I'm talking about if you had 8 prayer mercs in a game would you have healing x 8 or healing x 1.

2. Does insight give a prayer merc double prayer. Has it been tested and confirmed without a doubt?

3. Is the healing you get from cleansing or meditation in any way inferior to the healing directly from prayer? I know in the description of those two auras it says X healing every 2 seconds. Is that simply a statement of how prayer works, or is the prayer healing every second?

4. Similar to question 1, do multiple meditation auras stack? Seems to me that meditation is also a ping aura, and so if prayer stacks meditation would stack. That would give you a potential of healing x 16 just from mercs with insight.

17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

1. IIRC 8x healing (which is very sweet early on)
    2. The mercs aura acts as a synergy for the weapons aura, making it heal the same as the mercs does. (Making it double healing)
    3. They're the same with regards to healing
    4. Meditation doesn't stack.

Prayer is a weird aura. It uses mana, skills from gear act as synergy, and they stack.

18. come back zinc

come back zinc IncGamers Member

I can confirm all of those points. Prayers do stack; Meddy does not. Meddy will give you the prayer bonus.

Cheers.

19. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

I also love this setup. If my merc uses Insight, its a Prayer Merc.

I still want to be in a game with 8 high level Prayer Merc's, with like 8 Clerics/Abbots and basically be invincible with what, something like 600+ life healed a shot?

Hmm, I would love to see the max numbers for something like that. Assuming something like level 90 Merc's with Andy's (+2) COH (+2) with Paladins with max plus skills (FCR, res, etc aside) I would venture to guess Shako, Enigma, Sereph's, Hoto, HoZ, SOJ x2, Arach, BC, Skillers, Torch and Anni, Skill shrine (although 8 would be a pita) would be the best setup unless I'm missing rare item things. So +32 on you.

So I may be way off, correct me if i'm wrong (really please do, I wanna know)

But thats 58 from Merc, 113 from yourself.

58 + 113 = 171

171 x 8 = 1368

1368 Life every pulse, damn if thats right, thats alot of life. Throw in some PDR, DR% any very few things would be a risk.

And just checking, but if more than one Insight/Prayer Merc's say 3, you get 58, 58 and 58 right? Not 58 from the highest level Med Merc, and 29/29 from say a 12 Med Insight Merc.

20. Edge

Edge IncGamers Member

Well, meditation doesn't stack so you can only get double healing from insight once per game.