Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Power Ranger/Zealot Hybrid

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by PallyRanger, Jul 15, 2010.

1. PallyRanger

PallyRanger IncGamers Member

Power Ranger/Zealot Hybrid

I am currently building a ranger/zealot hybrid. Have a question on my weapon switch....
    Can anyone recommend any good weapons that aren't for the filthy rich? I only use self found gear but I am trying to find what I should be looking for.

Skills are:
    7-Zeal
    26-Fana
    26-Convict(for Immunes)
    26-Holy Shield
    18-Salvation(for resists)
    and pre-reqs

Helm: Andys w/15 ias Jewel
    Armor: G Angel w/ 15 ias jewel
    Weap 1: Harmony Bow (After all, it is a ranger hybrid)
    Weap 2: G-Shred
    Shield: Spirit Monarch
    Gloves: Laying of Hands
    Belt: Wilhelms (dual leech)
    Boots: Waterwalks (only decent ones I've found so far)
    Rings: Natures Peace, 8% Carrion Wind
    Ammy: +3 Off skillz

Thanks to all in advance.

2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Re: Power Ranger/Zealot Hybrid

Why 18 points in Salvation? It will only give you resists when active. Those points could be better spent elsewhere.

Is Gimmershred your Zeal weapon? If so, why use Fanaticism? You'd do more damage running Conviction full time with Gimmershred. Same with Harmony. Gimmershred + Conviction can easily beat the game.

Spirit Monarch is a bad idea on a Paladin. Paladin only shields can spawn with 4 sockets, have much lower strength requirements, and can spawn with +resistance mods.

Try crafting a better amulet. +3 offensive skills isn't that useful.

3. PallyRanger

PallyRanger IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help Doc Clock.
    The 18 points in Salvation are because I am really low on resists. When active, I can still defeat enemies...it just takes longer. Nice to have 90+ resist to everything.

G-Shred is my zeal weapon. Fana is used for my bow for xtra speed and AR. Conviction is more power per hit but fana make more hits with slightly reduced power.

Spirit is about the best shield I have right now. Haven't found anything that beats it yet.

Tried crafting ammy...mixed results. Got a great one for druid but nothing past +1 skillz for the pally part. I will keep trying maybe when I get higher up in level.

Also, found some Lava Gouts so they are my new sexy gloves for the % to enchant and now sporting twin Carrion's for the added life leech.

4. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

A spirit in pally shield can spawn with a base 45 res, which would help with your resistance problems.

Conviction also lowers enemies defense making them much easier to hit, that with the ele damage on weapons and from enchant would help you kill faster.

Look for resistances/stats first with the ammys, skills can be a second hand mod.