Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

potiondin?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Tim B, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Tim B

Tim B IncGamers Member

potiondin?

would the fire dmg from the holy fire aura from dragon armour/shield add to the explosion dmg from throwing potions? has anyone tries such a build?

2. Taidan

Taidan IncGamers Member

um.
    i wouldnt even waste the time trying that.

3. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

I would. :grin:

I edited a paladin into singleplayer with an armor that had slvl 1 Holy Fire. Slvl 1 because we want to see if the potion's exploding damage is hitting monsters and not the aura itself.

Next I maxed Resist Fire and Salvation to slvl 99. With Holy Fire at its slvl of 1 even with almost 200 points in synergies Holy Fire only adds about 25-75 damage, which is roughly what an Oil Potion does (26-64).

So by comparison an Oil potion with Holy Fire (if the damage is added) should do about double damage when compared to a non-Holy Fired Oil potion. Right?

Well it didn't, sorry man; I tested about 500 potion throws against Reanimated Horde held back by a high-level Bone Wall (to keep them out of Holy Fire range) and the Oil Potions seemed to do 100% of the damage.

I realize that was a lot of build up for a let down, but at least now we know, and knowing is half the battle.

G.I. Jooooeeee... :rolleyes:

4. Tim B

Tim B IncGamers Member

so other sources of fire dmg don get added to potion explosion in th eway they do to exploding arrows then.

thx for going to the trouble of checking that out yerbe, mate:thumbsup: (you drink that stuff?)

5. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

It's like a religion. Coffee drinkers have no idea :cloud9: