Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Potential Static Bug in 1.09

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by RobbyD, Jun 23, 2010.

1. RobbyD

RobbyD Diabloii.Net Member

Potential Static Bug in 1.09

I've been working on getting my 1.09 MeteOrb ready for 1.10s HF collections by running mostly cows but some 1.09 Hell cold caves (A5 CP/GT/AW) as well. (level 89 - one level to go to max out Fire Ball - woohoo!) I've noticed that, for some U/SU bosses, static does not appear to have the 50% cap applied. It doesn't happen often, but appears to happen when the monster has multiple other immunities. I noticed first with a Uq Frenzytaur that she staticked from across a river - with no other attack, static took the life bar below 50% and worked all the way down to a sliver - again it appeared to work against Snapchip Shatter, who was FI/CI.

Is this a bug anybody has ever heard of, and/or perhaps experienced in a later patch?

I'm not absolutely positive yet - I'll be looking for a good opportunity to test it in as ideal a situation as I can find. I'll post it in my guide if I can verify it.

2. Rummski

Rummski Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Potential Static Bug in 1.09

If I remember correctly, this was one of the big reasons to run a sorc in 1.07 and 1.09.

I could be wrong though.

3. RobbyD

1.09 caps the Static damage at 50%, and the cap is effective for the vast majority of monsters. I've not noticed static working past it's listed cap (25/33/50) other than these very limited exceptions.

4. nualum

nualum Diabloii.Net Member

It's uncapped in any 1.07... but in 1.09 it is capped for expansion, uncapped for classic.

Nothing to contribute on the original question... very interesting.

5. nubikoen

nubikoen Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, I remember that.

Iirc it was related to there being more than one player in the game. Are you using the players x command in either of the scenarios?

6. RobbyD

Yes, I'm running the caves P8. Do you know of any place that it's documented?

7. nubikoen

nubikoen Diabloii.Net Member

A quick search gave me nothing. Not surprising really, since it was from before the last forum crash. I suspect it got wiped.

I read it on these boards, and experienced it, back when .09 was the currenct patch.

Is there nothing in the patch notes? I'm at work atm so I can't check.

8. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

Robby,

I can confirm that I am seeing this static bug you speak of for Mephisto. For me, it is working up to players 19! It also works for Eldritch.

But at players 20 and above, static does almost no damage to Mephisto. And I mean no damage, no change in the life bar at all. Eldritch takes the same amount of damage though. It is something weird that you stumbled upon.

On an unrelated note, p19 meph runs give me 1 mil+ xp at level 77... And a Shako!

9. purplelocust

purplelocust Diabloii.Net Member

Static isn't capped in any version of Classic, even 1.10+. So it is still possible in Classic to sliver any monster with repeated applications of Static, which is quite useful.

10. cade88

cade88 Diabloii.Net Member

static was bugged to where is would take down monsters hp to a sliver in 1.09b it made it easier to run bosses and cows

11. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace Diabloii.Net Member

Nothing to add, except that this is the second RobbyD thread to be necro'ed in a week.

1.09 must be popular these days.... either that, or Robby's the one that's popular. :wink:

12. baqarah

baqarah Diabloii.Net Member

IMO people are starting to think "Hey, I've got all the godly 1.13 runewords. I wonder what kind of stuff I can get from earlier patches". 1.09 is cool because of 99 lvl chars that can be respec'd in 1.13 and not as broken as 1.07.

Hold on to your 1.07 stuff (and pre 1.10 runes), it's gonna be worth some serious $$$ ;).

13. RobbyD

I'm running (well, she's parked at th moment) 1.09d, so I can't do over P8, but good info here, and nice to know Eldritch is susceptible. Congrats on the Shako as well.

It doesn't work on cows, except for the occasional unique. Definitely good for Mephy runs, though.

It's gotta be my good looks and winning personality! :yes: