Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Post your 1st Character for new ladder

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kichel, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Kichel

Kichel IncGamers Member

Post your 1st Character for new ladder

So now that we have respec's and a new ladder coming on Tuesday I was wondering if everyone was going to "take advantage" of the obvious.

Will the majority of HC starting builds take advantage of the obvious be either FB Sorcerer or FB/Fire Assassin or HF Paladin (my choice)?

Will a lot of us take the opportunity of playing a melee Barbarian again (IM is gone completely?).

I am very interested as to what everyone is up to.

2. Raver

Raver IncGamers Member

Re: Post your 1st Character for new ladder

It's going to be a coin flip between a mace barb and a necro for me. I can't remember the last time I started a season with either so it should be fun.

3. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

*Points and laughs*

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

If I was going - which I'm not - I'd do the following:
    FB sorc through NM, pull 7 mules along for forges
    Respec chant
    Barb through NM, pull 6 mules along for forges
    Respec BO (maybe, given chant I might just build that way in the first place)
    Orb/TK (leveled via chant), pull 5 mules along for forges
    The orber will level to ~75, then with orb+chanted merc+bo will cash in all 21 forges.

From there what I did would depend on my forge luck.

5. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

Immobilizer (Assassin with TS, BoI and D-Tail/DF). Since I like playing with groups, I've chosen this build, that fits nicely together with big damage dealers. It's a build with extremely good crowd control options, and the only thing It's not suited for is playing alongside necros. Might put some points in DT for bosses.

Hydra/cold sorc will be next (feels like the old days when hydra sorcs were powerful, before hydra pk - the first tppk came about). Then probably a kick/DS assassin, giving me a nice set of chars for MFing different spots.

I love assassins untwinked for the fade resis and pdr% bonus, and the fact that it's way easier finding good boots compared to good weapons.

6. Tsanth

Tsanth IncGamers Member

This will be my first attempt at HC, so Im going with a lightrapper. I have alot of experience with this class in SC, so it shouldnt be bad for a first HC char

7. DevilbIrd

DevilbIrd IncGamers Member

Zookeeper necro or some kind of zon in the group run. Not sure which though because the necro will make it a bit laggy, but is a favorite build of mine while zons are also fun as well as safe ;)

8. Juk

Juk IncGamers Member

Probably getting some gonads and rolling a WW/Zerk Barb.

If not I'll make a Hydra Sorc or something.

9. Kichel

Kichel IncGamers Member

Cool ideas so far. Here are some basic ideas which I think will work best in Normal.

Paladin - Holyfire with Vengeance/Zeal looks like an early winner

Assassin - FireBlast looks like a winner, Blade Fury I really think would work well

Sorcerer – Firebolt/Fireball

Necromancer – I see nothing other than more points in Clay Golem to help against Diablo (single player Necro’s biggest problem)

Druid – No idea

Barbarian – Concentration is a clear winner (less equipment dependent)

Amazon – No idea

This is going to be fun!

10. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

MFing_Slave (fire tree sorc)

11. Kichel

Kichel IncGamers Member

Killa... Ya it is hard to pass on the obvious... why pass on the best :)

12. MrBill

MrBill IncGamers Member

Some ideas :

(1.) Melee (Zeal / Sacrifice) Paladin and Conviction and all Crafted Hit Power items. Would probably give out in terms of firepower halfway through Nightmare, I guess... and would take a LOT of gems...

(2.) Melee (Zeal / Sacrifice) Paladin with Fanaticism and all Crafted Blood items. Not sure how well this one would do past Act 1 Hell.

(3.) Barbarian with nothing but Taunt, Howl and Leap Attack (maybe a little War Cry thrown in, with some BO of course). But how would he kill anything?

(4.) Variation on (3.), except the Barbarian uses a bow and picks monsters off at range with Taunt and Howl as necessary. BO and Natural Resist would (partly) compensate for lack of a shield, but possible AR problems here. Maybe use some throwing weapons and Throw Mastery?

(5.) Barbarian with all points for main attack into Stun, plus War Cry to stun monsters before you go to work. The idea would be so that nothing could ever stop seeing stars long enough to lay a hand on you. Problem is lowish damage and single point attack.

(6.) Poison Dagger Necro, more than minimum points in Gumby plus enough points in RS and SM so that the meat shields don't all poof immediately in Hell.

Kind of fragile however, not sure if it is so hot an idea for a starting character. One problem would be all the pre-requisite skill points lost in order to get Lower Resist.

(7.) Firewall / Orb Sorceress. With new 1.13 synergies, FW might actually be (sort of) Hell-viable and the advantage is that with 40 points you have both your basic attacks paid off. Not sure of how good the ultimate damage might be.

(8.) Fire Druid with following (unusual, but very available) set up : Act 3 Cold Mage merc, Edge bow (Tir-Tal-Amn) and Peace (Shael-Thul-Amn), Oak Sage (was thinking of HoW but might need the hit points in Hell), 3 x Dire Wolves.

Would have AR issues and serious problems with resists in Hell, particularly around Gloams, but would (a) reflect physical damage (Thorns aura from Edge), (b) have a chance of an extra minion (Valkyrie from Peace), (c) have two elemental attack types (fire and cold from merc), and (d) would have the ability to freeze some attackers in their tracks (merc). If you found a Lem rune you could make a Treachery which would fix the resists problem.

(9.) Armageddon Druid (because I've always wanted to play one). Big problem here is over-commit on skill points between (a) 'Geddon synergies, (b) Wereform, (c) Summons and (d) Wereform attack (I would go Rabies for 2-element attacks but would prolly run out of skill points, e.g. "jack of all trades, master of none".

(10.) Assassin with maxed out Mind Blast that waltzes through the game getting the monsters to fight it out for her. Might work nicely with a wand with Attract or Confuse charges just to make things completely strange-looking. You could also do something funky with Blade Shield and some of those types of skills for when the monsters decide that they don't like you, after all. :whistling:

Any other ideas? I'm tired of doing the cookie-cutter thing... :ponder:

Mr. Bill

13. Kichel

Kichel IncGamers Member

Thanks Mr. Bill... Good ideas

14. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

.... best like blizzard sorc? cause i prefer something that aint going to drink my mana bulb constantly to big fat zero.

15. djfriesen

djfriesen IncGamers Member

starting as summoner til 30, then respec to mouseman's spear/ce mancer.

16. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

Nice builds mr bill. Some comments:

1. Maybe look for some items with better chance to cast (higher lvl spells, more %) to replace the hitpower items when they loose their effectiveness. A zealot sprouting frost novas, hydras, frozen orb,... should be viable together with conviction, and a lot of those things can be found on runewords, so are available sooner or later.

3. He should kill with leap attack ofcourse :p . Insight polearm, points in LA and mastery will give you nutty damage for allmost no money. Do the bunny hop :p .

4. warcry for stunning + double trow + chance to cast, CB, OW... , maybe some frenzy to double throw like a madman? Warcry vs physical immunes, so that's covered too.

9. Bear with shockwave goes nice with armageddon, fire claws will be nice since most synergies are allready filled. No more need for a tank summon, but ravens (blind) and poison creaper could be nice (especially if you can get that conviction weapon), would also allow you for a less skill-intensive build and a higher damage armageddon.

Gonna add some of my own:

Immobilizer Assassin:
    TS+DTail+BoI
    third charge of BoI freezes monsters in place, release with dtail, once frozen solid, add charges of TS in the mix for extra fire damage. Very groupfriendly build, can charge up and freeze enemies, charge up, and release on another group with dflight, rince and repeat. Takes care of the crowd control in groups, leaves no corpses.

Hydra/glacial spike sorc
    With the improved hydra as timebased spell, spamming of glacial spike for immense crowd control that doesn't interfere with hydra casting.

As you can see both are immobilizer type builds, very fun to play, and very very very safe. I plan to get my first toon high up there, so planning on safety first here.

17. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Im gonna try a Blizz / Hydra Build .. As Hydra gets the benefits of Fireball I'll still have that too .. Probably max Blizzard / Glacial / 17 CM , then max Hydra, Fireball and the rest in Firebolt...

Since nobody lubs me, its me and my 3 accounts soloing the ladder again.. Best find so far is an ITH rune - blahhh ...

:jig:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  18. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

level 28, dead because phone rang and i had to go afk, thought baal team was okay but they let wave 3 on my head, coming back, deeds screen. NICE. (had sol and tir rune there, aka insight :( )

19. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

Solo running a skirmishing javazon currently at level 22 clearing false tombs with ~120mf dropped a dragon chang, felloak, twitchroe, cathans mesh and vidalas amulet so far.

20. DevilbIrd

DevilbIrd IncGamers Member

My lvl 21 nec dropped in the tomb 5 yards away from the orifice :(

Own stupid fault to.