Post Pics of Your Bling/Ice

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
Post Pics of Your Bling/Ice

Alright members of the OTF, lets see what jewellery you wear all the time, and on special events!

post up your bling!

Mecal's Bling

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
You're telling me that the phrase 'bling' was popularised by an East Indian guy? I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just kind of shocked. I was always under the impression that it stemmed from the culture popularised by black rappers in the United States.

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
You're telling me that the phrase 'bling' was popularised by an East Indian guy? I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just kind of shocked. I was always under the impression that it stemmed from the culture popularised by black rappers in the United States.
O_O

No, no, miscommunication.

Bling as commonly used in the US comes from the "sound" light makes as it reflects off of gaudy jewelry. Popularized by rappers in the early 90s. Now long dead, even in like 1997 rappers were making fun of MTV kids who tried to use the word. (I vaugely remember a video about this).

BlingBling also is used in some south asian countries (India I know) to mean counterfit expensive things. When I said brown people I meant african americans, not indians or asians.

Garbad

Damotta

Diabloii.Net Member
My bling. suhhweeet.

On the topic of bling, I see those commercials often on Adult Swim for the "peel n stick bling". I laugh everytime I see it. It's just funny what bling has transformed into over the past decade. What was once the expensive jewelry of rappers is now the fake plastic gems that white (pre)teen suburbanites put on their belongings to try and make them look cool or fashionable. I especially like it when the older lady on the commercial says "it's not just a kid thing! I love to bling!" while holding up her sunglasses with plastic jewels put in the few spots taht they'll fit. :lol:

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Damotta said:
My bling. suhhweeet.

On the topic of bling, I see those commercials often on Adult Swim for the "peel n stick bling". I laugh everytime I see it. It's just funny what bling has transformed into over the past decade. What was once the expensive jewelry of rappers is now the fake plastic gems that white (pre)teen suburbanites put on their belongings to try and make them look cool or fashionable. I especially like it when the older lady on the commercial says "it's not just a kid thing! I love to bling!" while holding up her sunglasses with plastic jewels put in the few spots taht they'll fit. :lol:
I LOVE to bling!!

*holds up iPod decorated in sequins*

Yes, I'm a tool.

zxc_cxz

Diabloii.Net Member
Damotta said:
My bling. suhhweeet.

Looks like you stole those sandals from me! Give em back !!!

txmielnik

Diabloii.Net Member
Man can wear watches with bling, like a rolex. A small necklace with a pendent is also practical.

I personally don't care how much jewelry people wear.

P.S Johnny is a bit jealous he doesn't have any jewelry. Also how do you know chicks with dicks like jewels? :lol: