Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Possible to make a semi-unkillable sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Generator Of Chaos, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Possible to make a semi-unkillable sorc?

Ok, this is my idea, based on pure logic:

With a fully synergized Es, for every X points of dmg of you take, 95% goes into your mana poll, and 5% to your life...

Now, what usually happens is, the sorc's mana is usually depleted after some high dmg hits, and then, dmg goes straight to life...

On the other hand items wich convert "damage to mana", do the exact oposite, they replenish your mana, for a % of damage you take.

Now, I was thinking, that by creating a sorceress with gear with 95% Es, and as close to 100% "damage goes to mana" gear as possible...wouldn't she be like, almost unkillable?

damage -> takes out mana -> damages health -> replenishes mana

2. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

WHAT? i have never heard of an item that converts damage to mana...are you being mistaken by something that says "X% of damage goes to mana"? because that has the effect of ES.... i might be wrong, but i highly doubt there is such thing.... ionno

3. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

no, I don't think that there are any items that give you that kind of mod. Energy shield works but absorbing the damage partially and instead of losing life, you lose mana.

5. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight IncGamers Member

What you are looking for you will find in the sorc guide library. It's my guide to damage goes to mana. What DTM means is that when you take damage a % of that damage amount is converted to mana and put in your mana ball. You still take the damage and lose all the life from that attack but a part of the damage amount (lets call it damage number) is placed in your mana ball.

Here an example. You have 500 life and 500 mana and gear that gives you a total of 50% damage goes to mana. You have been teleporting and are down to 250 mana in your mana ball but your life ball is full. A monster attacks you and inflicts 100 point of damage to you. Your life ball is now down to 400 from the damage. 50% of the damage taken 100*.50=50 is placed in your mana ball. So at the end of the attack your life is at 400 and your mana is now at 300. Damage to mana is the next to last thing applied in an attack (mana burn is last) with an ES of 95% only 5% of the damage would get through to regen the mana giving you hugely diminishing returns on DTM.

You can get a very balanced amount of ES, Life, mana and DTM which will in essence give you 71% Physical damage reduction and no loss to your mana ball at all from physical attacks. Check out my DTM guide in the sorc guide library for a more detailed explanation.