Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

possible mod for white

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Apr 15, 2005.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

possible mod for white

I'm still looking for good base item for white runeword.

I know +3 raise skelly & +3 skelly mastery is impossible to get, but is something like +3 raise skelly & +3 CE/bone spears possible?

I'm thinking to rebuild a HC bone/skelly hybird some time later. Any idea where to "shop" for a good one? I do realize it is harder to find the base item than most EU.

2. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

+3 skelly/+3 mastery is impossible? How so?

I always shop for a +3 skelly wand from akara when I'm starting out. I'm sure i've seen one with mastery on it too, but maybe not.

I do know that you're goin to have a hard time shopping for a white one after act 2 normal, since they always come blue later in the game. You should be able to buy up to lvl 18 skills.

3. DeathMaster

I read sometime ago here, said that both mastery and skelly can't be together for some reason. It is the dream mods, if possible.

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Read my altering items guide those two are highly possible to get together, especially if you can get your item into tier 1 shape. use the low quality upgrade to normal quality, it will give you a 90% chance of tier 1 thus you will have the highest chance of getting raise skeletons and skeleton mastery together.

The +3 becomes the problem in order to get 2 +3's together on the skill you need becomes extremely rare. I happened to have someone give me a +3 hurricane, +3 armageddon, +1 elemental pelt for my druid a really hard to find item. They are out there just difficult to find. Pick up every wand you find, reroll the low quality ones as you're able to and once you find that +3/+3 then use the socketing quest to get the 2 sockets. Adventually you will find that wand.

5. DeathMaster

Thanks. I've been checking every wand drop/shop for some times, so far the best was +3 skelly mastery, +1 amp damage. The right wand just won't appear. I swear it is harder to find than tyreal's might or even a zod, even I never had tyreal or Zod drop. For some reason, I never saw +3 raise skelly white wand, there are +1 or +2, but I've never ever seen any with +3.

6. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Try normal Drogan. At that level a lot of plain wands spawn. It could be several hours of shopping though, there's no promise he'll have the right wand.

7. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

It would be next to impossible to get him to stick to teir 1 staff mods. Perhaps Sint could shop for you with his level 1 character in act II, or you could try to get one there yourself.

Keep looking. The item you are looking for is quite rare, and I've been looking for a similar piece myself for some time. One thing I've learned about this game though. Never play it hoping for a specific item. If you find you absolutely must have a certain item for a character to work... shelve it until you find the item with another character during normal play.

8. DeathMaster

I know, that's why I play every thing else, and hope one day the god damn tal's armulet will drop. my socr is still waiting in A2 (too slow going to play an underpowered sorc, and I have no time for it either).

9. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

You need to get to act 2 to be able to shop wand types that support 2 sockets (Bone Wands). With a character that is at least level 14, it´s very hard to get level 1 skills, because only 10% of the skills will be from that tier. Here is the breakdown:

Base tiers:
    Item level 1-11: Tier I
    12-18: Tier 2
    19-24: Tier 3

For every staffmod, there is a 20% chance to add 1, 50% chance to stay unmodified, 20% chance to subtract 1, and 10% chance to subtract 2 from the base tier.

So the best you can do is get a character that is no higher than level 6 (meaning: store-bought items will have item level 11) to act 2, then bug Drognan for Bone Wands. Each skill will have an 90% chance of being a level 1 skill. Now you just have to fight the odds of getting more than one skill, and more than +1 to it.

This method is probably the best, but fixing crude wands are also a nice option. Just avoid the Wands, Yew Wands and Burnt Wands, because they only support 1 socket.

EDIT: If you accept gifts, I may be willing to help you out. Do you want it in SC or in HC?

10. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

I don't think a lvl 1 char can hold enough gold to purchase a +3/+3 wand. It would probably cost at least 300K. Aside from randomly having a monster drop it, Uzziah's plan of upgrading every low quality one you see is probably the only way.

11. jiansonz

A level 6 character can hold 110 000 gold. That should be enough unless the wand is Superior. Level 1 skills are cheap.

12. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

If you stay in tier 2 you have a 20% chance to drop 1 tier + 10% chance to drop 2 tiers since you can only drop one tier at that level you will get a tier 1 skill when you drop 2 tiers. So ilvl 12-18 have a 30% chance to drop to tier 1, this isn't bad plus you get the chance to get tier 3 staffmod as well.

Shopping for white wands is very hard, you will be able to buy +3/+3 items with a clvl 6 character, but if you get +1,2,3 on a third affix you might as well say byebye "no soup for you". Staffmods raise price first by the mod itself and secondly by the +amount +1 is far less expensive than +3. Tier 1 skills are cheap on an item even with +3 in them.

The upgrade method even works with wands in hell so any character can make them, even a ultra-fast clvl 90 tesladin in normal cows, I think it's one of the better methods to getting the wand.

13. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

on a related note, is it possible to find a white wand with + bone spear/+ bone spirit and if so, what act/difficulty and what character level. thanks. :)

14. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Yes it is possible bone spear is tier 5 and bone spirit is tier 6, you need to be looking at white wands found in the latter part of the game, Hell white wands can be spawned with the wand your looking for. Though you can not shop them and rerolling won't produce them so finding them is your only option.

IIRC you need ilvl 41 or better for the tier 6 to be possible.

15. Porius

Porius IncGamers Member

Just remember to be looking for wands that can support 2 sockets. Wands, yew wands, and burnt wands can only get 1 socket. Nothing in this world more frustrating than finding the perfect white wand, only it can never be White.

Porius

16. jiansonz

I actually just pulled a HC Sorceress through act 1, ending it at level 6. It certainly wasn´t easy or without danger. :uhhuh:

Triumphantly she walks up to Drognan, and...

...he sells only Wands! :mad:

(smacks head!). I am too low in level to see Bone Wands!

Over to d2data.net. Aha, Bone Wands have qlvl 18, which means I must be at least character level 13 to see them. That means that it´s just possible to stay in Base Tier II territory.

OK, level up a bit. It went very quickly on /p8.

I´ve twinked over gold from one of my Guardians, so there is 230k available.

Now it goes better. Drognan offers 2-5 Bone Wands, usually 3-4. As you people have said, this isn´t easy:

* First, all magical wands are out.
    * Second, all wands with one socket are out.
    * After those hurdles are passed, the wand needs to actually have any +skills (they often don´t)
    * Next, if there is a skill, there is a 30% chance that it will be a level 1 skill (as Uzziah pointed out).

I have only purchased one wand so far: +3 Raise Skeleton, +1 Clay Golem. It wasn´t expensive, cost only around 11000. DM, it´s yours if you want it.

I´ll keep you informed if I find something better.

17. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

What an informative discussion. My current want is a +3 RS, +1 SM. I think I'll visit drogan some more and see if he'll be kind.

18. jiansonz

Two new wands up for grabs:

+2 Raise Skeleton, +1 Skeleton Mastery, +2 Dim Vision
    +2 Raise Skeleton, +2 Corpse Explosion, +1 Dim Vision

Finding the ULTIMATE one may turn into an obsession here...

19. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

Huff, this hit me hard. I have created a lvl 1 char and gave him 50.000 gold just to buy wands... Buyed one +3RS/+2SM/+1Bone armor... and now I dicover that I'll ca never make a white fron her. Ouch :( .

20. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

jiansonz has already worked it out, but just confirming that clvl 13 in act 2 (relatively rare in SP play) is the absolute ideal situation for shopping that perfect skelemancer wand. It is quite unusual in D2 for such an exact set of requirements to be needed for something. Any lower and Bone Wands can't spawn, any higher and the odds for tier 1 skills plummet.