Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

!!!possible best bvb build!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by HegemonKhan, Apr 17, 2008.

1. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

!!!possible best bvb build!!!!

while responding to a persons post about pvp singer barbs using warcry. i came up with possibly a great idea for bvb duels

here is the possible guide to destroy all bvb duels! :
    (testers needed=grins, well if this does work..grins..bvb revolution!)

make a high defense bvb but he's gonna be a singer... :
    1. enough str for high defense gear, rest into vita.
    2. highest defense gear u can get
    3. shield with huge defense and 30/20 block
    4. all skill pts into defense skills (20 shout, 20 iron skin, 20 BO=unless u can use another barb with max bo)(20 for warcry NOT ww)(rest into either warcry's synergy skills or nat res or increased speed)
    5. NO pts into ww. we r gonna use warcry instead...
    6. instead of BH or naga, probably use a shard (if it breaks BP's for faster casting warcry)(if not whatever u need: def (there's one or a few weapons that give defense bonus like the unique falchon? sword..forgot name or resistance weapons or +2 skill weapon)

now go into elite bvb duels and shock them when they ww and suddenly u warcry stun them (if stun works in pvp) and pwn them! possibly the bvb revolution is about to commence from this new type of bvb singer build!!!

unless.they whine that warcry isnt fair vs those who use ww...i dont duel so maybe this build would be BM for a bvb duel...oh well.. still if this build works....its THEE build to reign in bvb duels

2. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

Re: !!!possible best bvb build!!!!

THE way to win at bvb includes all the top items PLUS a ping below 20 ms.

3. EagleEntek

EagleEntek IncGamers Member

I thought stun didnt work on other players?

4. dainbramage

dainbramage IncGamers Member

It does in xpac, I assume it would in classic also. However, stun does nothing to whirlwind.

Warcry = blockable. I have no idea what the staple shield is in classic, but ~65-70% block will make warcry's damage output very low, where a high damage ethrep naga will poop on it.

That said (even if it does work), the whole thing reminds me of throwers jumping melee duels in .09 going "I'm a barb lolololol".

5. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

WW cannot be interrupted by *anything*, so the stun will only affect them between spins. This is a slight advantage but at the same time they will be doing far more damage than you. Also without duel shards the chances are they will be able to recover from your cries faster than you can send them out.
    Nice idea but i really don't see it working.

6. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

1. there are no ethereal weapons on classic...

2. throwers were actually pretty good in 1.09...

7. HegemonKhan

*shields do NOT block spells*

i'm 99% positive shields do NOT block spells (castible skills) and warcry is a spell not a weapon attack which shields block. shields dont block fireballs because its a spell and so is warcry so warcry is unblockible by a shield. only way to "block" spells (castible skills) like fireball, blizzard, warcry is with resistance. fire resistance is the only way to "block" fireball damage. so the only way to block warcry is with resistance. but unlike fireball which does elemental (fire) damage, warcry does physical damage. and in classic the only way to have physical resistance is from rock fleece armor (10% physical reduction), Energy shield, and very small -3 physical damage from mods on gear. but im not sure if the rockfleece armor and energy shield work with warcry because its a spell (castible skill) and not a weapon attack.

8. HegemonKhan

yes u guys r right, the build does have serious flaws.

warcry being a spell can be interupted, so soon as ww connects u cant warcry probably and they keep ww'ing u until u dead.

at the time of this idea i was thinking about:

instead of having godly geared high defense build using BH/naga and a 30/20 shield vs godly geared high defense build using BH/naga and a 30/20 shield, both of which r made to defend against each ohter, to use warcry (instead of hoping u get past his defense rating and his life with your ww before he does with u) to "cheat" around his high defense build designed to counter your ww. warcry always hits which seemed good and the answer to a bvb duel

but i forgot that being a spell its interruptible so soon as the ww hits u from your openenet u stop warcrying and go into block-lock until u dead. whereas, as u guys mentioned, ww is uniteruptible so both of you continue to ww each other. so my warcry idea fails cuz i didnt take this into account at time i was thinking about it.

9. EagleEntek

EagleEntek IncGamers Member

An interesting idea though which will probably spawn several ideas for people to try - i think duelling has run its course with builds sadly which means that there are several "cookie cutter" builds that just are better than anything new.

I personally loved low level duelling with my thrower barb - 2 javellins and double swing/double throw - now THATS funny - sorcs can teleport all they like im still gonna stick ya like a pig once you run out of mana heehee