Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Possible Berserker build

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Skarphedinn, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Skarphedinn

Skarphedinn IncGamers Member

Possible Berserker build

OK, I've been toying with the idea for weeks now and since I finally got my hands on a eth BotD thundermaul, the time for berserker goodness is nigh. I plan on using the synergies to boost damage to insane proportions in PvM. Here are the skills I plan on using:

20 Berserk
    20 Howl
    20 Shout
    20 Battle Orders
    10 Warcry
    4 Natural Resist
    1 Find Potion, Find Item, Grim Ward, Taunt, Battle Cry, Battle Command, Increased Stamina, Increased Speed, Iron Skin, Mace Mastery, Bash, Stun, Leap, Leap Attack, Concentrate, Whirlwind

Basically the 1-pointers are all prereqs or utility skills, I mean I might as well have hork, right? Grim ward is the 'oh crap' utility that should keep me and my javazon buddy safe from hell cows if need be. Whirlwind is just the escape skill.

The only thing I'm stuck on is stat points. I saw Milkeyrat's titan guide, and what can I say, it's great. This barb'll be a porcelain Schwartzenegger ;) Would these work?

STR: Much as I can
    DEX: 50?
    VIT: 50?
    ENG: Base

Thanks for considering it, I hope it'll be fun

2. elanam

elanam IncGamers Member

I made a similiar barb but used BotD war pike. He has insanely high max damage, over 23K max w/o might merc. But, you will be very slow.

It was fun to see what all I could one hit kill. And yeah, he will be fragile. I used concentrate as my 2nd skill to leach.

Hope this helps.

3. Skitril

Skitril IncGamers Member

Pump Howl first over Shout, you will see that it does the job of Grim Ward (so you don't need GW). You may consider holding off doing Warcry, most Berserkers use Howl/Taunt tactics, which is easy but effective, and mostly does the job of Warcry (basically you have most things flee the area, or stun them in a tight group for ~2-3 seconds, champs/bosses aren't really affected by either) In your case Howl/Tauntt will probably help your zon friend too.

4. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

dunno how many + to skill you have, but lvl 10 warcry doesnt play really well. I using warcry below 15, and preferably i have it at 20 or so.

so with at least 5 to skills it will be playable, with more it will work nicely.

dex can be base.

the low vitality i dunno. might be ok softcore, but in hc nots.
    I have not yet tried how it works in sc (i dont play sc)

5. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

My Berserker has warcry at lvl 20 when everything is added in. The big challenge for my berserker is how to deal with ranged attackers. My answer has been to add vitality. Since Barbs get the biggest boost from adding points to vitality, it makes sense to me to take advantage of this. I am guessing since you didn't mention mastery you are going with a mastryless build. Mine is maxxed so I skimped on Battle Orders - that meant I needed to put more points in vitality than I might have otherwise. But since I have over 16k ar and don't use a shield, I have put only 2 pts in dexterity (had too for the ali baba's), so I had a lot of points to spare.....

6. Skitril

Skitril IncGamers Member

You should try taunt one day. Shuts down ragned attackers in the blink of an eye.

7. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Or if you invested 20 in howl, just run around spam it across a couple of screens and start playing as the skill suggests. GO BERSERK! :evil:

It's amazing how little chasing monsters down you do with this method. They bounce of objects, walls and other monsters right into your weapon range. :love: It also shuts down ranged attackers in a blink of an eye.

8. Skarphedinn

Skarphedinn IncGamers Member

Yeeehaw! GO BESERK! Finally, someone thinks like I do ;) Yeah, taunt just rocks, even at lvl 1. Ok general plan is to warcry the small mobs and whack 'em down, howl the big mobs, taunt some back (~4 or so) warcry, and then whack 'em down. Failing that, I'll just whack 'em down...and die. Either way, it's gonna be fun. Maybe I'll get vit up to 50...

Oh, the only reason I wanted to have GW is in cow levels I can pop it up on a corpse and my zon friend (who by the way is a titan build herself, although with a 60/40 str/dex spread) can hide in there and not get attacked. It'll be his own little shield :D

9. tpiercymtv

tpiercymtv IncGamers Member

Doesnt howl not work on champs...and does warcry. I have found warcry sometimes works on champs (well in normal)