Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Posion + Golem

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Tyce, May 7, 2008.

1. Tyce

Tyce IncGamers Member

Posion + Golem

So, i was thinking (if golems still synergize eachother) of going with max posion skills with a couple tanks.

I'll put 5-10 in every golem with 5 in GM and SR. Maybe 1-3 in SS,SSM, Revive etc. Weak tanks, but they live long enough for me to nova.

Sorry this is short i'm in a rush, but you should get the general idea. What do you think?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Re: Posion + Golem

The golems do not synergize each other enough to make it worthwhile. Better dump some points in GM and then use the Golem you need.

3. Tyce

Tyce IncGamers Member

Which golem would you suggest? i think i'll use 2. I'm thinking 1 point into all of them, but 10 in iron and clay. For slowing on clay and to free up space in my depot with iron.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Most people tend to use either Clay or Iron, so a point in both can't hurt. FG can be good in some instances, so you might want to put a point there.

Putting points in IG doesn't actually do anything for the Golem besides upping his defense and damage return. Both aren't worth it. Putting some points in Clay for the slow is decent, but don't overspend as you'll have some +skills and the diminishing returns start pretty heavy after level 10.

Your best bet really is putting points in GM and then switching between the different Golems. But if you want a special build feel free to pump a single Golem.

5. Tyce

Tyce IncGamers Member

Ya, i'll put a point in each. Cast Iron for general play, if it dies then make a clay for bosses, fire for posion immunes, blood for when i'm dieing etc etc. I always give away free gear or run out of stash room so iron golems good lol