Pos3

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
What was the first system they did that to? Or maybe it was a different group, I don't remember.

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
i think it started with the ipod, and its gone through every single major thing released since then; psp, ds, ds lite, wii, 360, ps3, etc.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Ha! The Television Camera man just couldn't miss it.

And the looks of both the PS3 and Wii buyers was priceless

Yet I feel a little hallow inside

Lord Nyax

Banned
Some guy got shot the other day while standing in line for a PS3. Wonder what he thinks about this.

I also wonder what the dude who sold his 60G PS3 for 9k on E-Bay thinks...and the dude who bought it...

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Every time these things go on sale I think that I should go buy a bunch and re-sell them on eBay.

Although it probably wouldn't work, they're always out of stock in two seconds flat down here.

DOC

Off Topic Moderator
I loved the video that was of the guys who drove by a yelled out the ending to the last harry potter book to everyone standing outside.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
So you wage war against the companies you hate by buying their products? I know they smashed it, but Sony still made money off that PS3, and that's all they care about.

Kinda stupid, if you ask me.

Cannon Fodder

Diabloii.Net Member
I took it more as them slapping the fanboys waiting in line in the face because they had actually gotten one and then destroyed it- one less fanboy that could get a PS3 that day.

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
So you wage war against the companies you hate by buying their products? I know they smashed it, but Sony still made money off that PS3, and that's all they care about.

Actually, Sony lost about $250, since they were counting on game sales to make up for the loss they are taking on each console sold.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member

Read their FAQ:

http://smashmyps3.com/faq.php

# What is this website?
Due to success of the SmashMyiPod.com site we decided to take the whole smashing thing a little further, and destroy things right when they come out, in front of 100s of fanboys who would be quite upset to see their beloved game console smashed.

# Aren't you helping Sony by buying their product?
I got nothing against Sony making money. This project only exists for the sole purpose of providing satisfaction to people who hate the Play Station 3, or just like seeing the reaction of the people who just spend a day in line to get their hands on one of these consoles. Entertainment, nothing more!

# This is ****ing stupid! You are an idiot! Why are you wasting money on this **** when you could help charities?
If people want to help charities, they are welcome to do so. Im not forcing anyone to donate money towards this project.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
Read their FAQ:
# Aren't you helping Sony by buying their product?
I got nothing against Sony making money. This project only exists for the sole purpose of providing satisfaction to people who hate the Play Station 3, or just like seeing the reaction of the people who just spend a day in line to get their hands on one of these consoles. Entertainment, nothing more!

# This is expletive stupid! You are an idiot! Why are you wasting money on this **** when you could help charities?
If people want to help charities, they are welcome to do so. Im not forcing anyone to donate money towards this project.
That's what I figured. I guess I still think it's foolish.

And if you donate, how do you know all the money goes to that? Maybe they're pocketing some of it? Not the most reputable cause, anyway.