Portal not working!

Brown Recluse

Diabloii.Net Member
Portal not working!

Ok. I beat Baal in the normal difficulty, talk to tyreal (spelled wrong, too lazy to look it up), but can't enter the "Destruction's End" portal. I went to town afterwards, but I've done that with other characters, so I know thats not it. I've gotten right up to it and still cant enter it.

The only thing I can think of is that Baal's body is in the way, b/c the portal is right on top of him. But that doesnt make much sense, b/c you can walk on corpses.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't have to enter the portal to get credit for the quest, just Save and Exit and you will still see the screen giving your your title.

-hps

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
As far as I know, the only benefit from entering the portal is the endgame video. You don't need to enter the portal to be able to enter Nightmare difficulty after saving and exiting.

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
Tyreal has a habit of putting up the portal out of reach. A soreress can use telekenesis on it, but as other have said, you don't have to go through the portal. When you save and exit you will go to the end Video and then get the appropriate title screen just like if you used the portal.

aitrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Well you'll get the video whether you enter the portal or not :evil:
(only for the first kill ofc)