Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Popping characters

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by colinpatrick, Jun 8, 2005.

1. colinpatrick

colinpatrick Diabloii.Net Member

Popping characters

Anyone know how to prevent a character from popping or whatever it's called, or at least how it is caused? I've popped a few times now, and five minutes ago I lost an Soj, Hoto, Maras, etc.

2. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

I wasn't aware that you can still pop, now that Blizz has implemented the multiple corpses.

3. Orphan

Orphan Diabloii.Net Member

I believe it still happens, though I've only heard of it happening when you've reached a certain amount of corpses on the ground.

4. wheel-of-doom

wheel-of-doom Diabloii.Net Member

I believe its 16 or 17, and then pop.

5. CoopMoe

CoopMoe Diabloii.Net Member

16 is max corpses, so that 17th death is a pop, frankly, if you pop an SoJ, hoto, and mara's then you don't have much to worry about, heck, even if you DID pop that stuff, what was your primary gear? you don't have much to worry about

6. colinpatrick

I just want the character to be able to do travs, nothing else. I didn't die a billion times. I died once, picked up my corpse, but could only get a few items, then died again. I rejoined and on my corpse those items had dissappeared.

7. Orphan

Orphan Diabloii.Net Member

That's because you can only take one corpse with you when you leave the game. I believe it's the corpse with the most "value" in terms of item price (though, I've never been sure). If you have two corpses when you quit, you'll only keep one when you make a new game, which means you'll lose the items on the other one.

8. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss Diabloii.Net Member

If you went to your body the first time naked, then you did not have enough strength (or dex) to pick up each of your items. This is sometimes a problem when using a strength bonus on one item to equip other items. Normally the unequipable items will go to your stash, if there's room. If not, they stay on your corpse. The game only kept the corpse with the highest gold value of items.
    What you should have done is exit after first time you collected your corpse (this would minimize the exp penalty) then rejoin. This would allow you to play with your corpse (man that sounds strange!!!) to get your items back (emptying your stash maybe?).

Better luck next time!

9. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

You're fools. Blizzard fixed popping with the .10 patch, as in .09 you could only have one corpse.

If you manage to get popped in .10, you deserve it. What kind of idiot would run around trying to get their corpse for sixteen deaths? Have some common sense, kid.

10. CrazyPayne

CrazyPayne Diabloii.Net Member

There is no reason to talk that way to other people. If you really feel the need to talk that way then I will gladly help show you off of these boards.

11. hikids

hikids Diabloii.Net Member

hey whats wrong with saying taht? only fools achieved in gold dies taht many times

12. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

Besides speaking like that being excessively rude, it was also WRONG. It was made clear, I believe, that he got killed, tried to get his body back, could only pick up some of his items, then got killed again - leaving a second corpse on the ground. Then saved and exited.

And yes, the reason for this is that only one corpse is saved. Whichever one has the highest gold value.. meaning if you were to sell all the items off it, the one that would end up getting the most gold, is kept. Kinda lame, but eh - makes sense, since it'd suck to have someone join a game, and have 16 corpses appear at their feet.

13. colinpatrick

Thank you quietus. Everything I felt I needed to say to him has been said because of you. Peace out playa