Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poor Ole BABA

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by tpiercymtv, Feb 4, 2004.

1. tpiercymtv

tpiercymtv IncGamers Member

Poor Ole BABA

So I made a WW barb (HCL) and was quite disapointed. He had Ferocious Thresh of quckness with some ed jewels in it. 420 max damage... I decided to go the defiance merc, which was a good choice but the AR on WW fell flat in ACT 2 hell. Needless to say I was a little ticked. He has 250 ar raven and quite a few ar charms...to give him a max 4900 ar. So, I am deciding to try out the no dex ik maul zerker. Being that this is hc, and having no shield no defense I am prolly going with a cold mage. So have any you guys build one of these guys and is he viable in hell for hardcore. I really don't want to go thru the WW disapointment thing agin.

2. Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon IncGamers Member

My whirly barb has 30k AR... use angelic ring x2 + angelic ammy for massive AR boost. Also use arreats. This should solve ur problems, but your ww barb should have double "your" AR at least. I think your point distribution is off, if you post it I and others can help you work out the kinks ;).

3. MsgBoardHobo

MsgBoardHobo Member

Just for the record, what are angelic rings and ammies?

4. Fire_Dragon

They are the set ring and amulet from the Angelic set. It's a normal set, VERY easy to come by. Just knock off norm meph a few times, you dont even need mf ;).

5. tpiercymtv

30k AR i find that hard to believe. I equiped my barb with 2 angelic rings and ammy and it gave him a boost of 2000 ar for the items...rounding out with maxed mastery and maxed WW a measley 5k ar. I don't have my hands on arreats. I am in Hard Core so he doesn't have too much dex 120 I think.

6. Fire_Dragon

Just check your AR on the character tab (press "C") and look at the WW AR, should be much higher than 5k... also you can use a unique club called Demon Limb which gives you lvl 23 enchant (equip it with whatever weapon you are using, use 1 charge of enchant, take off the demon limb and re-equip your shield, your AR will recieve a MASSIVE boost combined with angelic. And 30k AR should not surprise you, it's very easy to get with alot of +20ar charms. You should be getting at least 11k+ w/ out arreats/demon limb. Try and get the limb, it's way less expensive than arreats.

7. tpiercymtv

Thanks I'll give that a try

8. banditto1969

banditto1969 IncGamers Member

dog gone it. i just dropped demonic limb...