Poor & beautiful or rich and ugly

Freemason

Banned
Poor & beautiful or rich and ugly

Which would you rather be?

Poor, destitute and amazingly beautiful. You own nothing but the tattered rags you are wearing. You are hungry and have no idea where your next meal is coming from. But your beauty (man or woman, you are HOT!) is comparable to the most beautiful Greek or Roman gods. Members of both sexes stop and stare in awe of your looks.

or,

Rich beyond compare, and the most gods-awful ugliest person alive. You're worth billions of dollars. You want for nothing. But you are so unbelievably ugly that you are beyond the skills of every plastic surgeon on the planet. Children scream in fright at the sight of you and the opposite sex cringes at the mere mention of your name.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
Neither.

Beauty is only skin deep, and fades with age.

But money is material, and if no one can stand you, it's not much fun to be able to do what you want if there's no one to share it with.

toader

Banned
Well....im gonna go out and say something that might start an argument....but it might not, depends if everyone agrees with me.

In todays world, I would rather be beautiful and dirt poor. But, my reasoning for this does not come from vanity, but it comes from the fact that a beautiful person (I have the same brain as right now correct?) has seemingly endless possibilities and doors open for them because of their looks. It is sad thats the way it is, but from my experiences its true.

Since you qualified your statment with "rich, but ugly beyond surgerys help" it would be pointless to have just money with no hopes of anything else. But with perfect looks, and some common sense, one can amass quite a bit of fortune.

(note: Im not saying that one must be good looking to have sucess, I am merely saying that it accelerates the process :))

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Can't have one without the Other... so neither...

But if it came down to a LIfe Changing decision... id be Beautiful but Dirt Poor... that way i can feel proud about myself while im freezing to death in a Canadian winter..

1SG Bowie

Diabloii.Net Member
It depends on how poor.

I remember being hungry as a child, sometimes for days at a time and, that is not something that I would care to repeat.

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Drew Cary is ugly beyond comprehension yet he gets all the babes he can handle. Anyone wanna guess what the attraction is?

Freemason

Banned
1SG Bowie said:
It depends on how poor.

I remember being hungry as a child, sometimes for days at a time and, that is not something that I would care to repeat.
I mean you are poor. You have one pair of shoes that are more duct tape than shoe. Your pants are more hole than pant. Your t-shirt is more hole than shirt and it's badly stained. You have no belt, no wallet, no money, nothing. You steal your food and water from feral dogs. That kind of poor.

Corneo chooses rich & poor because money can cure ugly? :scratch:
Even when I said you are so ugly that nothing - not even a paper bag - can help? Hmmm... It's Friday on campus... Been drinking a bit much already??? :lol:

Jonas

Diabloii.Net Member
Corneo said:
If I had to pick I chose rich & poor. Money can cure ugly.
Rich AND poor? That's like me!

I'd rather be poor and beautiful. I was going to state something along the line of Toader's post, but alas, I arrived home too late.

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
well, I'll take rich and ugly...hell I'm used to being ugly, so I think it would be easier to adjust to rich than it would to adjust to beautiful :lol:

felstorm

Diabloii.Net Member
Freemason said:
Which would you rather be?

Poor, destitute and amazingly beautiful. You own nothing but the tattered rags you are wearing. You are hungry and have no idea where your next meal is coming from. But your beauty (man or woman, you are HOT!) is comparable to the most beautiful Greek or Roman gods. Members of both sexes stop and stare in awe of your looks.

or,

Rich beyond compare, and the most gods-awful ugliest person alive. You're worth billions of dollars. You want for nothing. But you are so unbelievably ugly that you are beyond the skills of every plastic surgeon on the planet. Children scream in fright at the sight of you and the opposite sex cringes at the mere mention of your name.

This is hardly fair.

The amazingly beautiful would not remain destitute for very long, and the ugly rich guy has everything going for him anyway, so he'd just get plastic surgery and be gorgeous AND rich.

Silly boy.

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going to go with beautiful for the reasons already mentioned. You may start out as destitute and poor, but it won't last long based on our society. A person with incredibly good looks has many more open doors as Toader pointed out than those without. Money cannot buy happiness, but a greek god physique and appearance can.