Poll: What platform do you play D2 on?

What platform do you play D2 on?

• Total voters

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
I’m curious what platform everyone is playing on these days.

If you play (as I do) in a Windows environment on Mac / Linux, vote as the appropriate Windows version.

You can post with more details too.

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member
Windows XP in a VMWare VM on Win10.

However, I just found out that if I upgrade to D2 v1.14, I can dispense with the VM.

Hey, I've been away, I missed some stuff.

kstuart

Diabloii.Net Member
Win 10 cos i have a pretty new gaming laptop. Yes highly overpowered for D2 but it wasn't bought for D2 ;) Still amused that Euro Truck Simulator flags as needing more processor power even though when i got it i looked and this one was ranked 30's on top 200 processor list.... The graphics card isn't the best but its more than adequate for what i play. Heck actually have one is a big improvement.

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
MacBook, natively. Don't have any Windows devices in the house anymore so the only option. D2 is pretty much the only game I play that is not on PS4, so as long as it works on my MacBook, I'm good.

Barl

Diabloii.Net Member
Primarily on Windows 10, but sometimes on a Power Macintosh G4 under Mac OS 9, when I feel like taking a break from the internet and modern computing.

Arneb

Diabloii.Net Member
I keep around an old laptop with XP where I code in c++, play SNES emulation and, obviously, D2.
It makes me feel old to admit it, but there are times when I enjoy it more than a lot of ps2/PS3/PS4 games I have at hand :(

logoutzero

Diabloii.Net Member
I run Win7, native on a PC, because it's what I have. I have a master boot disc containing installs for every version of 7, both 32- and 64-bit, and it's the version of Windows I know best.

srrw

Diabloii.Net Member
Is everyone who says Win 10 is fine using Windowed mode?
I have some recent issues with windowed mode on Win7. A -w shortcut doesn't run the game (game.exe shows up in Processes and immediately disappears). Can't be bothered to investigate further since I rarely use it anyway.

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
When loading full screen, do you get weird black screens and flashes of desktop background in 800x600 as the desktop adjusts. Does this also occur whenever there is a cutscene?