• Chewy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Durf beer poing boobies etc....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Dark Bushido said:
How much longer? 1 minute? 2 minutes? 10 minutes? 30 seconds?

Take a high damage weapon such as Schaefer's Hammer. Surely the difference between times with and without CB would not be astronomically different?

Don't get me wrong, 'generally' CB is very good, however it is not 'King'.

When you look at another option: Reaper's Toll. The Decrepify in effect doubles your damage.

It would be interesting to time how long it takes to kill Hell Baal to see exactly how much time wise CB does make a difference.
I have all these weapons at my disposal.

Reapers, Tomb Reaver 3 sock, Bonehew, Hone ... put it this way, in my experience, the Hone is the most effective boss runner because of the high % percentage of CB (I also use Guillame's Face for the 35%). Effective in terms of overall damage and speed.

It's non-eth and not upgraded.

Reaper's with Decrep is nice for safety but it doesn't measure up to the Hone in overall speed. Even doubling the damage doesn't make up for the lack of CB. I use a ethereal Reaper's Toll socketed with a rare jewel that does ~ 100ish to 700ish dam which is more than 3x my regular Hone with Shael/Shael/Amn.

I still would use the Hone.

However, I would use the eth Reaper's in conjunction with my summoner necro because I can cast a Clay Golem with one hard point and +skills on my MF setup and get ~ 46% slow along with a Nightfish-style CB setup on switch to aid in cutting down the time for p8 Baal.

That would be the best of both worlds.

As for static field, it certainly has it's place and it's a nice skill for sure ... but we're talking about merc weapons and AFAIK no act2 merc weapon has static field in the equation - so comparing or referencing SF to CB is a non-issue and a moot point really.

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
When I kill Baal with my hammerdin smiting with a Stormlash (33% CB) brings him down a lot faster than launching 11k hammers. The static field on the lash brings him down to 50% in under 5 seconds, but even after that the CB takes away his life faster than hammers. My point is that if 11k hammers at 75% FCR can't match the killing speed of CB, there's no way that a merc using just raw physical damage and jab can hope to match CB either.

kabal said:
When I kill Baal with my hammerdin smiting with a Stormlash (33% CB) brings him down a lot faster than launching 11k hammers. The static field on the lash brings him down to 50% in under 5 seconds, but even after that the CB takes away his life faster than hammers. My point is that if 11k hammers at 75% FCR can't match the killing speed of CB, there's no way that a merc using just raw physical damage and jab can hope to match CB either.
You raise a good and valid point.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the point is: your merc with CB (1/8 boss life @P1) lose less effectiveness vs boss comparing with raw damage. A big plus of CB is that CB is independent on top of attack damage. In general, you end up deal more damage with CB on with low damage weapon, then big raw damage weapon without CB.