Reading posts like this just remeinds me how many items I still don't have.bill_n_opus said:Depends on situation and paired with which character. Obviously, most chars will benefit most from an eth Reaper's for the ctc Decrep which aids safety and damage to melee/physical dam chars. However, chars that are safe like a summoner necro don't need the ctc decrep and the lack of CB on the Reaper's makes it less desirable for Boss running unless you get other sources of CB which then makes your choices harder ...
For Boss running:
- upped eth Hone Sundan (if you are a necro with your own curses this is the best merc weapon, period) - Crushing Blow really rules. Try it sometime, i've got a 3 sock Tomb Reaver that does 3 times the damage of my socketed regular Hone and gets outperformed bigtime. Scale up the players setting and it's even worse. No contest.
- upped eth Kelpie Snare (the slow is amazing and the damage is alright but the safety factor allows Boss running where perhaps you'd be merc reviving)
All around use:
- eth Reaper's Toll (for the decrep, good damage and safety)
- eth Tomb Reaver with 3 socks (insane damage, all around performance with great MF and resists)
- eth Arioc's Needle (extra oomph on merc aura, decent damage ... but no life leech though)
It's not used by sorcs, unless they're of the rare melee sorc variety. Upgraded ribcrackers are used by melee characters such as paladins, mace barbs, and shapeshifting druids. The high damage, low reqs, IAS and 50% Crushing Blow are all very useful to melee characters. The idea probably came from Hellfire, the sequel of Diablo 1, where combat staves were made available for use by the monk class characters.WolfenMonkey said:Hmm, I'm glad I didn't have the runes for the upgrade then. Somewhere in my mind i have upped ribcrackers all over it, why would sorcs upgrade them then?
I donated one to Rizzo's giveaway so some lucky bum will get one.NeckRomancer said:edit: reaper's toll rules! hoping to get an eth one somehow.
Fingers are crossed. Hoping I will be the lucky bum...bill_n_opus said:I donated one to Rizzo's giveaway so some lucky bum will get one.