Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poll: Do you want D3 to be like D2

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Bad Ash, Jun 2, 2008.

?

What do you want D3 to be like?

1. Like D2, but upgraded

43 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Not like D2, as new as possible. We need a fresh approach

15 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. I dont care as long as it is released

8 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

Poll: Do you want D3 to be like D2

Hey guys, here is the poll we've all been arguing about lately, so lets see some answers!

Do you want D3 to be like D2, or do you want it to be as new as humanly possible. New chars, classes, skills, enemies, fighting styles, bosses, worlds, realms, games, difficulties you name it! Lets see and happy polling

2. PoiZonCraZy

PoiZonCraZy IncGamers Member

Re: Poll: Do you want D3 to be like D2

I want it as new as possible. Counter-Strike Source, Day of Defeat Source, TF2 were all the same exact games as the older versions, just with upgraded graphics. And I ended up getting bored of them within a week or two.

3. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

Actually I would like to see it reminding me more of Diablo 1 than Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 is a great game but Diablo 1 had an artsy and atmopheric feel to it that diablo 2 just couldnt emulate with all its flashy effects going on.

So I think its no. I wouldnt like Diablo3 to look like Diablo 2, I would prefer the atmospheric, survival horror style of Diablo 1.

4. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

I would like to see Diablo 3 having the best of both worlds of Diablo 1 and 2; the atmospheric feel of D1 with the rest of D2.

I'd like to get rid of most of the outside world and get back to the dungeon stuff from D1. It could have multiple towns, each having its own dungeon with 10+ floors with lots of quests, a few very hard bosses here and there, etc.

5. PoiZonCraZy

I think the thing a lot of people are forgetting is that Diablo2 did have many similar dungeons to diablo 1. For example, all the dungeons in act 3. But since Act 3 was so pointless, nobody does all the other dungeons. Act 1 also had many similar dungeons to Diablo 1, but nobody ever does them.

All you see are baalrunz1, baalrunz2, baalrunz3, cow1, cowz, cowzers, tals 4 um, etc.

6. PoiZonCraZy

i think act 3 in diablo 2 was magnificent. i think it was the darkest the diablo series has ever been. i just wish they had more important things in it, causing players to play it more.

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

hell yes

at least it would be as good as D2

8. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

I think D3 should be an all out war, with non stop fighting, wave after wave of legions marching towards you, knee deep in the dead, fire arrows thuding into random parts of the environment all around you, like watching the Braveheart battle scenes except it goes on for 24 hours. The whole damn screen should be filled with troops all the time.

So yes, they would have to make it a whole new game, nothing at all like D2, with just a few spells/skills copied from D2. I don't like random animals from the country side just wildly attacking anyone. Clearing out biomes (jungle, desert, grasslands, etc) has been going on for decades. I want total dark ages military-style warfare which should make a whole new kind of action packed ARPG for our generation!

9. raishi

raishi IncGamers Member

hero line wars comes to mind...

10. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

OK - Sounds greate but... why would this game be called for "diablo 3"?
    "Amphetamine Quest" or "ADHD Knights" would sell better imho :crazyeyes:

11. therg

therg IncGamers Member

In terms of looks, interface, pace, etc. Then yeah, stay the same. But in terms of randomly generated maps, random loot, random on-hit effects, etc. Then no, I would like everything to be as far from random as possible. Tho I can understand that it would be hard to get away from random loot :>. But things like charms which gives you a % to do some extra fancy attack is a no-no imo. I would much rather have charms/eq that gives you access to new spells/attacks/whatever.

If its going to be an mmo. I would also like to have as few instances as possible, however if there will be instances (as in most new mmos) they might as well have randomly structured. There are serveral difficulties of include this if (god forbid) the game is going to be a pve-raid-game like wow. If its going to be a mmo, then I want it to be more of a sandbox pvpish game.