Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poll and debate: to have cube in stash or inventory

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by DarthLeader, May 10, 2008.

?

Do you put your cube in stash or inventory ?

1. stash

41 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. inventory

46 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

Poll and debate: to have cube in stash or inventory

Hi all,

I always had my cube sitting in my stash, but I recently learned that some experts around here cary it in their inventory.

First, this poll and debate obviously doesn't concern pvp. It's about general pvm and what I would call "specific" pvm, like ubering, mfing, keying, gfing and etc. Answers might be different for those 2 types, we never know !

Second, please take the time to post an argument with your vote, it would help a lot. However, you can just vote what you do.

Let's start it up ! :thumbsup:

DarthLeader

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: Poll and debate: to have cube in stash or inventory

For PvM the cube stays in my inventory. More snarfling power.

For PvP in the stash. I need the gear but I need skillers/etc in my inventory.

3. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Find it lazy to open up inventory and pick the item then into the cube. I prefer cube in stash at all times.

4. razen

razen IncGamers Member

it's like this... the horadric cube is like your backpack

some people prefer to carry textbooks and notebooks in their hand to look good while "chillin" (yea, you and i both know these people)

they run between classes and spend about 5-10 min in the hall way taking stuff out and putting back in.

not a big deal... BUT

most people carry their backpack so that if your locker is next to your biology class on the third floor, you won't be running from first floor psychology class to retrieve your english class materials which also happens to be on the first floor.

also, i don't like throwing out any textbooks just because i find a newer one. why not keep them both? sell one to the old book mart for some money

(p.s. i also don't like to have my stuff drop all over the floor everytime i bump into someone. who's the cool one now? mr(s). i keep my cube in stash. i mean... backpack in locker...)

5. MagpieLee

MagpieLee IncGamers Member

PVM = Keep in your inventory. You lose 4 spaces but gain 12.

6. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

For some reason, I always use my cube to get flawless gems or to craft - so it must be empty all the time. And if I don't use it for that, I always get to much useless things that I want to keep so that it ends up always full.
    Keeping it in stash is logic that way.

7. Huplet

Huplet Banned

For me, PVM = Inventory, PVP = Stash.

In PvM, space is key, but in PvP, there's no reason to miss out on the benefits of more charms.

8. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

Inventory allways :smiley:.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  9. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

When it comes to pvm, I am almost always mfing. That said, I keep it in my stash until I find enough mf SCs to give me less than a 4x4 block of free space in my inventory. Very rarely do I find enough in one area to take up more space than that, so I'm usually in town again before feeling the crunch anyway. The one major exception tends to be cows, in which case I sometimes bring it along with me.

When I'm playing through the game, I tend to keep it in my stash as well. I think at this point it's more from habit than anything else, but at this point it'd feel weird to have it in my inventory at all times.

10. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Inventory. Don't understand why any PvM'er wouldn't want extra space for drops.

11. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Inventory as well. It's 8 more space worth of drops.

12. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

It sits in the stash **% of the time. When porting to baal I keep a few +life large charms around that I can fill space around the cube while getting the most life. I won't be picking up a whole lot, so the cube works alright.

The rest of the time, it's just a pain to get stuff in and out of the cube. It's way easier for me to just make more trips to town or really consider picking up the item and keeping it.

13. CrimsonOmen

CrimsonOmen IncGamers Member

When I have lots of room, always inventory, dont know why. But then I need space for charms.

14. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

For solo mf should be in inventory, for added space, and since you're soloing you don't need to worry about being quick on the pick up.
    For group mfing I like it in the stash because more open spaces means more items can be picked up before I'm full.
    For pvp obviously stash. That being said about 95% of the time it's in my inventory.

15. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

yay for broken polls

stash for mules/pvp, invnetory for pvm

16. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

For me the cube is a temporary buffer for picking up items that later get stashed/muled/vendored (mostly vendored of course). I still keep 8-10 open slots in addition to be able to pick up 1-3 items without using the cube, and if I run into more before I feel like hitting town for vendoring I can use the cube to help carry. But most of the time it's empty for that situation where stuff drop and need to be picked up and carried into town, and I don't want to take 2-3 trips to do so. That way I find it rare enough where I actually get so many items drop at once that I have to make 2 trips to the vendors, considering I more or less know what sells for ~30k and what sells for ~3k...

Even in groups once one item dropped you can put in cube to be able to pick up another if needed, assuming they don't all drop at once. Although who MFs in groups anyway?

It also doesn't really matter how you look at it, you lose 4 spaces and gain 12. The time saved by not having to TP as often is generally bigger than the time saved by not having to open/close/manage your cube.

In pvp of course no reason to leave a single inventory slot with anything that isn't a charm...

17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I always keep it in the inventory, top left, with tomes below it. It's gotten to the point where I no longer have free inventory space to pick up stuff, I just drop it in the cube. At least for characters that I have a good skiller pool for.

18. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

i like to keep mine empty and in the stash.

so i can easily cube up gems i find (i'm a bower-bird for gems)

19. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

:rolleyes:
    Well I can say fairly confidently that it isn't just me. I suppose not too many people do, but I not only enjoy the company in multiple mf-runs, but also can keep track of what items happen to be on drop streaks at the moment. Unfortunately you can't always run with trustworthy people, and in those cases being able to click-pick-up items it somewhat useful. Also in leech games such as chaos runs, being able to pick up the items before the leechers gets to them and not have to stop to rearrange inventory can be useful...but that's just me :wink2:

Also, more people = more items dropping, so that's good for mf runs too.

20. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Sometimes in pvp inventory for hybrids that need two weapons switch and the cta. mm widow/claws, bow/javs, grief/hoto/foh-scepter and prolly some others. But I always put it in stash even for mfing because it's more trouble taking stuff out and putting them in cube. A lot happened when I forget to empty cube after a run then try to put something in it next run and it's full.