Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Police brutality presentation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Satans_Advocate, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Satans_Advocate

Satans_Advocate IncGamers Member

Police brutality presentation

Yeah, i have to present a powerpoint on police brutality. Been searching google, but haven't too many good statistics. I also need a chart/graph relating to it somehow, so if anyone knows any good sites by chance post em here.

Also, discuss the topic.

Heres a good starter: 6 year old menace

2. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Just photoshop some stuff, man. School's all about seeing what you can get away with making up. I totally convinced an entire world civ class including the teacher that Stalin had a wooden leg just because I was too lazy to do any real research.

3. Satans_Advocate

haha, thats hilarious.. Stalins wooden leg lol

I'm bascially just making up statistics and giving them credible sounding links since its due tomorow. I'll probably create a graph titled "police brutality victims by race." black people = 75%, mexicans= 20%, white/asn/pacific islander/ other = 5%

4. Donkey Button

Donkey Button IncGamers Member

All you need to do is play Police Truck by the Dead Kennedys and I guarantee you will get an A. cause tonight tonight we're gonna ride the truck.......

5. Satans_Advocate

i think i'm gonna play april 26, 1992 by sublime. For those who haven't heard of it, its about the rodney king riots. great song, and relevant too. I hope she does't get pissed about the 2 f-bombs in the song, shes usually pretty laid back. maybe i'll bring in a siren wail it when he says **** in the song.

6. VaN_haMMerSteIn

VaN_haMMerSteIn IncGamers Member

GOOD FREAKING PLAN!
    I love Sublime!

7. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

Play 'American Skin (41 shots)' by Mr. Springsteen while you're at it!!

8. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Free consultation

You might want to consult Anakha1...I understand that he's in the law enforcement profession and he might be able to help you out.

9. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Personaly Im all for police brutality. You break the law you get a beatdown. Taken to jail for another beatdown and then droped in prison for 5-10 years of beatdowns.

We have special police in my country called "Piket" who brutalice criminals all the time and beat up hippies performing civil disobedience and so on.

We need them to even out everything since everytime a regular police officer busts a criminal it gets on TV and people make a big fuss out of it. Especialy if the person arrested is a minority.

Also the police new "Speer Gold Dot" ammunition that they recently switched to will give the criminals a real run for thier money because it kills in one hit on most parts of the body except mayby the foot or hand.

10. corax

corax IncGamers Member

which country is that johnny?

11. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Sweden.....

12. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

Sure...make something like that up. It creates a great image for our law enforcement people who are out there putting their lives on the line. It creates a great image of our minority populations and that our law enforcement targets minorities for brutality. You get your teacher and class to believe it...Nothing like feeding people false information and creating more stereotypes. :rolleyes:

13. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Oh get a grip. It's not like he's presenting it on ABC or something. He's gonna make 15 kids laugh and he'll get a D and that'll be that.

You know what else creates a good image for law enforcement?

BEATING THE **** OUT OF MINORITIES FOR TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS.

14. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

:lol:

I'm sorry, I'm stereotyping, but the idea of a toeheaded cop beating the tar outta a toeheaded criminal just amuses me.

15. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Hey, you know what makes a good image for blacks? Stealing all those stereos and the drive-by shootings.

Hey, you know what makes a good image for muslims? Blowing people up and decapitations.

Hey, you know what makes a good image for asians? Oppressive Communism.

Hey, you know what makes a good image for homosexuals? AIDS.

Hey, you know what makes a good image for catholics? Pedophillic priests.

Hey, you know what makes a good image for government? Lies and corruption.

Hey, you know what makes a good image for whites? The oppression of minorities.

Hey, you know what makes a good image for men? The oppression of women.

Hey, you know what makes a good image for women? Unfair divorce laws against men.

Hey, you know what makes a good image for police officers? The few "cops" who are racist, corrupt assholes who abuse their power and don't deserve to wear a badge or have the honour of serving selflessly out of tens, hundreds of thousands of honest police officers .

Let's not start generalizing against the whole populations on the basis of the few bad apples we read about in the media. It's not okay to do it against other areas of the population and it's not okay to do it against police officers. Lest we want to find ourselves on a tractionally challenged slant.

I hate corrupt cops. It's an offence and a disgrace and neither I, nor the vast, vast majority of honest and good police officers, will be lumped in with those traitors.

16. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

17. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Please, back that up Zulu. Otherwise it sounds a lot like you're blowing hot air out of your rear.

18. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

I made a post almost exactly like this a while back, but we need to remember exactly what police brutality is.

Police brutality is a civil rights violation that occurs when a police officer acts with excessive force. Excessive force is not subject to a precise definition, but it is generally beyond the force a reasonable and prudent law enforcement officer would use under the circumstances. In other words, the critical issue in defining police brutality is if the officer used more force than an ordinary police officer would think was needed to prevent violence and damage to property.

Some examples of when force was excessive are when a man had a toliet plunger rammed 6" up his anus for flushing potential evidence and when a 5'3" 110 lb man was beaten by 2 6'+ 200+ lb officers for more than 15 minutes because he ran from the police and then threatened to "kick their ass" while pinned to the ground. Some situations where an officers actions were not considered excessive include when a man was run over by a police car for threatening police with a knife (the cops had guns and were behind cars) in a busy downtown area and refused to stop after several warnings and when police shot and killed a man who they mistakenly thought was pulling out a gun (he was reaching for a lighter) during a felony arrest.

Again, the key distinction is if the force was unreasonable to protect the life and property of everyone involved and if the force was necessary to difuse the situation. Contrast that with the potential harm of doing nothing or doing too little.

Garbad

19. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

You're telling me to get a grip for not promoting dishonesty, false information and validating stereotypes?? Yeah...sure. I don't care how many people hear his report. Oh yeah...it's also going to make everyone laugh. Police brutality...great topic to make everyone laugh. :rolleyes:

20. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I'll tell you another thing that gives cops a good image - Canadian cops with a hard-on for defending American racism. You can crack on any group you want, but you can't really deny it. Look at our jail population demographics for any year since the construction of our first jail. Down here we make songs, music, movies, and TV shows about it, put it on DVDs, and eat it up. That's how we roll.

I mean, really, you ever watched COPS? I see black dudes get beat down in bicycle theft stings and simple traffic violations, and yet the one white dude that I've ever seen get pulled over on the show got caught with a weed stash and got sent home with a warning. Got to keep the reefer and everything. Cop said "Have a nice day sir, sorry to bother you." And this is the **** that makes it onto TV, so what do you think the streets are like when America's not looking? Not like Canadian streets apparently.

Now that I mention it, forget making anything up, just go rent a season of COPS on DVD and show that to the class. They'll be completely ****in' appalled and you'll win a Nobel Peace Prize.

If y'all wanna play uncle Tom that's fine. You can keep saying the abuse is just from a minority, but cops are a brotherhood and that minority wouldn't exist without tacit acceptance from every other cop in the precinct. All it takes is one whistle. So where's your backbone, servants and protectors?