Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poleaxes/arms voulges etc

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by JonPmg, Jun 21, 2008.

1. JonPmg

JonPmg IncGamers Member

Poleaxes/arms voulges etc

I got 2/4 runes for my mercs infinity.. But I'm having trouble finding a good polearm/voulge etc to make it in. Any suggestions of a good place to look for one?
    I also heard you can socket quest items to get a certain amount of sockets according to the items iLevel. I'm not 100% sure on how that work either.
    Any help is appreciated :smug:

2. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

Re: Poleaxes/arms voulges etc

the only itmes for runewords are either normal items (white), ethereal items (grey) or already items that already have sockets and are not magic, set or munique (grey too).

first you lock here, to see what the maximum number of sockets can be:
    http://www.diabloii.net/wiki/Sockets

then you look where you got it to determine the item level by area level and cross reference with the first table:
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551

larzuk always gives the max number of sockets for an item.

magic items can be socketed by larzuk for 1 or 2 sockets, set/rare/unique will get one. exceptions are properties that already give sockets (e.g. jewelers or set values on set and uniques).

you can socket normal items (not superior or cracked) with cube recipes. those will get a random number of sockets evenly rolled from 1 to 6 , where any result over the possible maximum (again by the tables above) will be capped to max.

cube recipes:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

you need any non magic/unique/set/rare polearm from act 4 normal or act 5 normal (not wsk3 or throne) or any polearm that will always get 4 sockets (voulge and exceptional or elite version) or any polearm that already dropped with 4 sockets or any polearm that can have at least 4 sockets max and use the cube recipe on it.

i hope this clears it up for you.

edit: for runes just run nightmare countess. it might take a couple of runs but you will eventually find all necessary runes. keep them all and cube them as you see fit. and free the barbarians in act 5, these ral, ort, ral runes will help you a lot.

edit 2: first time i read your post, i thought you were talking about insight and just realized you meant infinity. simple answer: forget it.
    runes as high as ber drop once every few month for a player if at all. you can only trade for them and accept that they will be most likely duped.
    the only truly legit way to obtain them would be extensive rushing for hellforge and cube them up. you will only need 32 gul-runes which can be dropped by hellforge for one ber. ;)

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Poleaxes/arms voulges etc

Thresher, GPA or CA (ethereal, of course). It depends on the IAS your merc gets from other gear. A CV is as quick as a CA and a 4 socket one is easier to obtain than for any other elite polearm, but it has a higher str req. A giant thresher is as quick as a thresher, but it has higher reqs as well. Range is not an issue for mercs because it's fixed at something between 2 and 3, no matter which weapon they wear.