Polearm barbs (trying not to sound redundant)

Cloud Strife

Diabloii.Net Member
Polearm barbs (trying not to sound redundant)

Im gonna make a polearm barb but i've never made one so i have a few questions..
Btw, this will be for non-ladder, non-hardcore (us west if it makes a difference).

Weaponry:
-Cruel warpike of quickness?
-Bonehew? (for lvling till i can use better)
-botd warpike?

warpikes have the best dmg, but is thier weapon speed and range too low to be worthwhile?

Stats:
whats important? AR? Dmg? Life? (i have 10 warcry gc's)
Im fairly confident i can get a lvl 42 or so BO and Shout but should i focus on dex or str or vit?

If im a polearm barb, should i be a ww, conc, zerk or something different?

For now my gear is semi-ok. Its arreats, barb valor, rspiral, rfrost, tgods, wartravs/aludurs, ik gloves, and i think i have a rare +1 barb skills ammy or somethin.

Like i said earlier, i have 10 warcry grandcharms, but no small charms. maybe fhr sc's? r/w sc's?

Also, if a thread like this was made please dont flame. just post the link and i'll gladly answer my own questions.

Cedrig-HKW

Diabloii.Net Member
Cloud Strife said:
that was kind of helpful but im looking for more. anyone else got ideas?
im making a pike barb myself at the moment as well...

the thing with a war pike is that while it cant reach the last breakpoint with the botd runeword, it can as a magical weapon. Get yourself a cruel war pike of quickness.. socket it with 2 shaels.. and you reach the last breakpoint.. :clap:

Besides.. a barb holding a pike is the coolest looking character in the game :yep:

Pyromancer88

Diabloii.Net Member
maybe im the only one that noticed but arent u making a polearm barb? if so then a war pike is a spear class not polearm

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
He's nonladder so he won't be able to upgrade to elite....and yes a pike is a spear so if u are a pole barb i wouldn't recommend using this :p. However what u might wanna try using your bonehew with 2 shaels which will hit the last bp. If u can find one that's perfect or close to perfect u'll have about 600 max damage, which isn't bad at all. Hmm, you have a ? by BOTD so I won't list this as your main option, but a BOTD in an eth great poleaxe would hit the last breakpoint and have some insane damage. I hope this helps man.