Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pokeazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by vini.vidi.sugi, Apr 4, 2004.

1. vini.vidi.sugi

vini.vidi.sugi IncGamers Member

pokeazon?

wanted to make sure what i heard was correct, that fend is bugged? whomever said the char freezes at some point due to an error. if not, would either fend or impale be a viable build? i kinda like the idea of having a nice valk, merc, and me pokefest.

2. Anidem

Anidem Banned

I know the pally charge freezes, but I believe the fend bug is that when you miss a swing all further attacks in your fend attack will miss also.

impale has impressive numbers but its attack rate is sooooooo slooooooow thaaaaaaaat iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis useeeeeeeeeeeeeeless.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Fend is interruptable in 1.10 the same way that zeal was interruptable (bugged) in the beta. If you block, are sent into hit recovery or your passives trigger you WILL miss all your fend hits of that fend cycle (however many opponents) guaranteed even though you will keep swinging. Since passives generally dodge slowly (12 fps with no way of speeding up) and spearazons rely on them for staying alive (no shield) you see the problem here. Your key to survival is also your biggest handicap. This is why fend is essentially dead in 1.10. The problem is even worse with a slower weapon (eg. lycander's flank).

4. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Dodge, evade and avoid take up 8 frames to be exact.

Fend is very well managable against small groups of tough monsters and against large groups of mediocre/weak monsters. If you use your minions to your advantage against the tougher beasts by casting a decoy on the left, having a valkyrie walk on the other side and maybe even using a mercenary then you will have less pressure on yourself. The more minions you have, the better the chances that they will be attacked instead of you and the game becomes highly managable even with the fend errors.

Impale is also interruptable and has a maximum attack speed of 14fps. You'll do okay agaist singular to very small packs of monsters, but to use it continuously you should rely mainly on minions to take the heat so that you can go in for a type of sneakattack. Only in the tougher areas of the game can you really get in troubles with this skill (travincal, chaos sanctuary, world stone.. areas like that).

5. Tabini

Tabini IncGamers Member

I have been considering an Impalezon myself and had thought about using Fend as normal attack and Impale primarily against Champions and Boss-types. What about Jab ? Is it worth boosting to 4 or 5 for Normal Difficulty?
    I have a rare javelin that gives +1 to Javelin/Spear tree skills (got from my NM difficulty druid lvl 48).
    If you get your AR way way up with DEX and lots of items to boost it, surely the Fend bug has a lower likelihood right ? and if you use cold dmg (such as say some armor/boots with % to cast frost nova) that will help as well?
    How do ppl get around PI creatures later on ?
    thanks.

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

You don't understand the fend bug. AR and dexterity WON'T help you if you are sent into hit recovery block or passive animations. You WILL miss all the fend hits of the rest of the cycle after that point regardless of how well you can hit the enemy even 95%. You are right on the cold damage as a slower hitting monster gives you more time to hit them and possibly stun them (with enough damage). Also make sure to have a merc and valkyrie in front to occupy the brunt of the enemies.

7. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

If the Jab->Impale->Fend tree had some synergies, Fend would be good. Alas, it does not.

8. Kirsty

Fend is still good, you just have to know how to apply it. Same goes for impale and to some extent jab, although jab is easiest in usage.

9. Anidem

Anidem Banned

The Jab/Impale/Fend branch of the tree would be much more popular if there was at least an increasing chance of Att being Uninterruptable. I like that better than the idea of damage synergies.

10. Kirsty

I believe jab is uninterruptable though