poisonmancer

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
poisonmancer

hey guys
as i've recently completed trang's set (i was missing the belt but now i've found in one week) i've decided to build a poisonmancer
20 pdagger, 20 poison explosion, 20 pnova
curses will get 1 point each
now
what do you suggest on doing with the other skill points?
im thinking of a ~lvl10 CE, 1 in each golem and 20 in golem mastery
is it better building the skellie way? maybe revives?
also, what to focus on with the remaining equipment slots? (he'll wear the full trang's set)

thanx in advance for your suggestions

Harleyquin

Diabloii.Net Member
You can put the remaining points into either corpse explosion or into raise skeleton. Even a 20RS 10SM character can rely on half-decent movable walls which helps you fire off the poison from a safe distance.

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member
Harleyquin said:
You can put the remaining points into either corpse explosion or into raise skeleton. Even a 20RS 10SM character can rely on half-decent movable walls which helps you fire off the poison from a safe distance.
Yep, will go with this.
Just like the poison/summoner build... you can check the build guide somewhere here in the guide thread.
Just boost RS first, then the curses (1 point each, except Confuse and Attract), then P Nova, then other poison synergy. Just put 1 point first in SM, after everything else said, then boost SM, points permitting.

Anyway, to wear the entire set will take a while. You need something to help you get there faster and RS is the most viable way, AFAIK. Unless you want to use P dagger as a start... If that's what you want, then you should boost Poison skills first. But I think this route will be slower, though I haven't experienced it. Just thinking that you have more killers if you use skellies first.

Good luck! :)

--maxgerin

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Lower resist is the only real viable choice. Pumping a -resistance skill that boost your main damage source who could ask for anything more.

By the way lower resist helps both your poison and your fire damage. maybe you can put moonfall and a ring of firebolt for the synergy bonus, though I am fairly certain that the 4th trangs set will get rid of the moonfall charge bug.

Lower resist should be your main curse (maybe a bit of decrep on act bosses causing you trouble) But maxing it is a waste of points. With +skills and diminishing returns, a lvl 25 LR will only give an extra 4% compared to a lvl 15 LR.
I say CE would be a much better place to dump points, or the defensive bone skills. Using bone wall to give you a buffer while yur posion acts can really help. Bone prison can eb a pain in tight areas, and it traps your merc alot of the time, so unless he's a good tank, it'll probably cost loads in resurrections.

phatbrava

Diabloii.Net Member
thanx for the inputs
i've made a decision
i'll go with skeletons and lower resists
though some other questions rise
i know poison facets will help, but is it worth using them?

and an OT question, but also a puzzle for me and my young blizz sorc:
how many point should go into CM?

@Harleyquin
i dont know what my lightning resistance will be, but if its too low ... there are LR charms, there's absorb

thanx again

Rugruth

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, most people will say that getting -100 res it's enough and such, but I find pretty faster getting -125 or even a bit more to kill mephisto fast.

That is lvl 22 with +skills. Get your base from thhe +skills on your gear :D

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess it's too late... But here's a planned setup I have for a Trang Bone/Venomancer.

Skills:
20 PNova
20 PExplosion
20 PDagger
1 LR
10+ Bone Spear

Equipment:
Trang's glove, belt and skull
Marrowwalk
HotO (or in fantasy land, Death's Web)
Shako
CoH
+skills amulet (ideally Mara's)
rare 10fcr res all rings (or SoJs if available)
Fungal charm/s

LR + PNova makes a mess of anything non-immune, and Merc + Firewall + spammed Bone Spears takes down anything else. Bone spears used between PNovas.