Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

poisonmancer help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by bballguy, Apr 28, 2008.

1. bballguy

bballguy Banned

poisonmancer help

guys,

I plan on making a poisonmancer, are they fun in pvm?

The way u play them is first cast Lower res on enemies and then start poison novaing?

skills:

20 in 30 poisons skills.

20 leftovers in where?

Should i have put 1 in skelly and revive and let the + skills bring them up as meat shields? Or shud i just max CE instaed?

Thanks all

2. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

Re: poisonmancer help

the usual hybrid set up is 60 points in poison (20pts x 3 skills) 1 point in skellie mastery, 1 point in each good curse, 1 in each; revive, golem of choice, golem mastery, summon resist, all of the rest in raise skellie.

I believe that there is a guide in the stickies.

3. bballguy

bballguy Banned

yeah there are lotsa guidse but theyre all poison/summon...i want pure poison. Also shudnt i max CE?

4. NumtyDoo

Since poison only takes 60 skill points, I guess there is no such thing as pure poison, nor would you want there to be, you need a way to beat poison immunes.

Summons are a good way to get meat shields and phys damage against poison immunes.

Maxing CE is a great option too, let merc get the 1st kill, and then CE the poison immunes. I in revive, with +skills, should meet your meat shield needs.

5. bballguy

bballguy Banned

ok....skill:

60 poisons

rest it....do i REALLY need skellies? or shud i just max CE? or even max LR?

so: 20 each poison, 20 CE ---Or--- 20 each poison, 20 skellies?

6. NumtyDoo

Do not max LR, 5 points in it at most. If you want skellies do max RS, and then rest in SM.

If you don't want skellies max CE, with 1 in revive for meat shields. the CE route might not be quite as safe as skellies, but should be faster.

7. bballguy

bballguy Banned

so numtydoo basically ur saying it is VITAL to have meat shields? merc and golem not enuf?

EDIT: Wheres the best place to find dweb? meph cant drop 1 can he?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  8. Me2NiK

Me2NiK IncGamers Member

Meph cannot drop death's web. If you're trying to find it, you're probably going to have to mf baal. The drop rates on death's web are HORRENDOUS.
    It's not vital, but if you're playing hardcore and/or you want an easy way to deal with immunes skeletons is an easy option.
    Take this build, for example:

20 poison dagger
    20 poison explosion
    20 poison nova
    20 raise skeleton
    20 skeleton mastery
    1 Corpse Explosion
    1 Bone Armour
    1 in all non-AI curses (7 skill points total)
    Any remaining points into summon resist.

Doesn't have to worry about poison immunes because he's got powerful skeletons. There are alternatives but I doubt they'd be as effective.

9. NumtyDoo

meat shields are not vital, but if you run into a unique pack (i.e. superstrong/stone skin) of poison immunes, your merc will get that first kill faster if you have meatshields keeping him out of constant hit recovery, allowing him to get more hits in.

Like I said you can go the CE route if you don't want skellies. the reason why I said putting one point in revive, isn't because revives are vital, but at the cost of only one point (with +skills), it is too good to pass up.

10. bballguy

bballguy Banned

i plan to use spirit as my shield instead of homo. is this the right decision or not?

while im at it lemme show my gear layout:

shako -5/5 <----is this the best choice there is?
    enigma
    ammy?
    dweb ofc
    spirit mon <----do i have to use that trang head and in conjunction with the belt and glove will gieb me nice -25%poison?
    belt is trang
    glove is trang
    boots?
    rings ?

11. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Little advice: don't plan on finding death web. It's incredibly rare, you could spare 3 years searching for this precious one. White runeword is really not bad either... Of course DW gives you really great bonus against breakable poison immune monsters, so if you can trade one, go for it.
    BTW. I like the large radius of higher level LR for my usamahancer, but yes, after certain level, it seems like a waste of skill points..

EDIT: You need that TO shield for those -25% PR. Especially when you will not have DWeb. Having so much STR just for the Spirit shield seems like a waste for me...

For your free slots, try to search for +skills, resistances and some FCR.

12. bballguy

bballguy Banned

ty all

i guess ill make this nec when i play bnet again....too hard to find dweb

13. Nightswipe

Nightswipe IncGamers Member

I found death's web in the pits 2 days in a row. Sold them(didn't know about atma then)

14. minizx

minizx IncGamers Member

well im planning on making another venommancer and although not essential i plan on investing 1 point in revives due to the fact that last time i found that poison damage from nova including a deaths web and trangs gloves it took ages to take down baal alone and lack of corpses at the thone room make ce useless so if you plan on soloing baal or even diablo for that matter skellies and revives are almost essential if you want a baal run to take less than 10 minutes.
    also i would suggest an act 1 rogue as a merc with a faith bow for the fanta aura if you can afford it as i found an act2 merc dies far too often when running chaos sanctuary

15. Nightswipe

Why do baalruns?=)
    I guess poison novas work wonders in pitruns cuz there are no poison immunes there.

16. bballguy

bballguy Banned

@nightswipe what enemies did u get them from? Just curious?

Also minizx post reminds me of skellies...yes i plan to do baal runs and d runs, so shud i invest in skellies or revives? If i want skellies is it 20 RS and rest SM or 20 SM and rest RS? THat however leaves no room for CE ?

17. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

Your build is impossible since following your skill allocation priority it needs 113 hard points to get summon resist.

18. Barbarrister Voldamus

Barbarrister Voldamus IncGamers Member

Since you plan to use Enigma then I would personally go the Revive route instead of trying to max RS that way if you want you can go with:

Summon tree
    1-10 SM
    1 RS
    1 SM
    1 CG
    1 GM
    1 SR
    1-5 Revive
    PNB tree
    20 poison dagger
    20 poison explosion
    20 poison nova
    1 teeth
    1-max CE
    Curse tree
    1 each in 7 non AI

With Enigma to herd the Revives they wont poof on you as much and you get more meat shields per skill point with revives than you ever could with Skellies. This way you can still max CE as a means to deal with Poson Immunes while having a reasonable number of meatshields to help your merc get the first body for the CE chain when you run into Poison Immunes. With your gear you may be able to get by with a single point in Revive and spend all the rest of the points in Skel Mastery or on LR to get a larger radius if you want. Additionally you could run lerge areas of the game without worrying about the Revives if you did not want to and play as that pure Poisonmancer you were hoping for.
    GMTC.

19. Nightswipe

I think it was from dark stalkers, maaaybe devilkin the second time.

20. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Just to help save some money, you should buy a crappy Death's web, maybe even the worst if you're on a budget. The difference is actually quite small, and the -resistance is more important than the +skills, but the difference between the worst and the perfect one is just 1 skill and -10 enemy resistance. Obviously the -resistance can make a difference but even the worst Death's Web will do fine.

But you will probably want to 5/5 facet it so the difference doesn't grow bigger. :thumbsup: