poisonmancer help

amphreded

Diabloii.Net Member
poisonmancer help

hi guys, i'm building a poison necro right now and just reached act2 nightmare, and i'm wondering which mercenary is the best to use? i'm thinking about getting a HF merc but i think i could afford a doom. if i can afford a doom, which merc would be best to use? also if i socket poison facets on my merc weapon/helm, would those -poison resistance counts when u use poison skill?
thxs
 

timay_006

Diabloii.Net Member
Off topic, but whats doom worth these days?
HF would hlp benefit you but if you use CE it will shatter the bodies.
 

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
amphreded said:
if i can afford a doom, which merc would be best to use? also if i socket poison facets on my merc weapon/helm, would those -poison resistance counts when u use poison skill?
thxs
1. Then go for might.
2. Not sure. But I think the facets only affect enemies attacked by the bearer of them.
 

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
Fearox said:
2. Not sure. But I think the facets only affect enemies attacked by the bearer of them.
But you're both attacking if he's a Poisonmancer. Are you refering to only the blows that the merc lands?
 

amphreded

Diabloii.Net Member
i'm refering to my poisonova damage. would the facet on merc's stuff help reduce enemy resistance on my poison nova?
another quick question: should i invest in dex at all? if yes, for what gear and how much?
also i already got HF merc, dont really care about corspe shattering that much. so far, its only around 20-30% chance those corpe shatter. i think if you use poison nova after your merc freeze them, they dont shatter --> they die when they're green, not blue. i can still spam CE without having to worry about shattered corpse.
if 3 auras are the maximum number, then i'll have thorn from bramble, HF from merc and maybe fanatism from runewords
 

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
amphreded said:
i'm refering to my poisonova damage. would the facet on merc's stuff help reduce enemy resistance on my poison nova?
Haven't got a clue. When I get some, I'll test it.




amphreded said:
another quick question: should i invest in dex at all? if yes, for what gear and how much?
Enough Dex for endgame gear. You could also go for Max block. It depends on your preference.
 
Top