poisoneer necro pvm

trujilloderek72

Diabloii.Net Member
poisoneer necro pvm

hey i want to create a pvm poison necro. is it possible to do hell mode with it? whats the ups an downs for it?

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: poisoneer necro pvm

You can finish Hell quite easily with a Poisonmancer. The trick is Lower Resist, against Poison Immunes. Together with a strong mercenary you should do fine.

IMO there are 2 ways to make it work. Either get yourself some summons (Revives or skellies) as shields, or max Dim Vision to control crowds. I did both quite recently and prefered DV because.

Skill setup:
60 poison skills
20 CE
1 in Clay Golem, GM and SR
rest in Lower Resist

Jednowlosy

Diabloii.Net Member

depends on your gear, as always,with good gear is one of the fastest PvMers available, with poor gear he's slow and not very reliable (CE is always insane, though).

kreality

Diabloii.Net Member

Without those Powerful equipment such as Trang-Oul, Powerful Runeword,Death Web... Your Poisonmancer destined to failed in PVM.

With those equipment available, Your Poisonmancer going to rock the hell.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member

You don't need the powerful runewords or dweb. They help a lot, but you don't absolutely need them. (My own poison/summon necro is using enigma, so no bramble for damage anyways, and it was definitely good enough. I had also played him before I got dweb.) You DO, however, need the trangs at the very least, unless you want to kill unbearably slowly vs poison immunes.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, to be able to kill quickly you'll need some -res equipment like deaths web, and three-piece trangs. and bramble won't hurt your damage either

kreality

Diabloii.Net Member

You don't need the powerful runewords or dweb. They help a lot, but you don't absolutely need them. (My own poison/summon necro is using enigma, so no bramble for damage anyways, and it was definitely good enough. I had also played him before I got dweb.) You DO, however, need the trangs at the very least, unless you want to kill unbearably slowly vs poison immunes.
It still doesnt change the fact that Poisonmancer need a powerful and expensive gear to own since almost everything in the hell mode have poison immunity. :yes:

Solely rely on Lower Resist wont help much either...

Rawness

Diabloii.Net Member

It still doesnt change the fact that Poisonmancer need a powerful and expensive gear to own since almost everything in the hell mode have poison immunity. :yes:

Solely rely on Lower Resist wont help much either...
Summon/poison hybride can get through hell easily....

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member

There aren't that many, actually. Many of them are weak enough that trang's is enough. The rest can be gotten past by teleing (with Naj's staff, even though it cost gold). Of course, there's also attract, merc (and skeles if you have them), then CE.